2011 Build for Truckin Magazine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, now that my Fukken head light issue has been pretty much solved, I can move forward with mods. As some of you know, I was contacted by Truckin to have a full feature done on the truck. There is some general maintenance things that need to be done...oil/filter, coolant flush, plugs changed, and gear box fluid changed.

So overall, I am not going to be able to have ALL the mods I want done prior to the shoot, money issues, so I'll just have to roll with some of it.

Things being done prior to shoot.

- SLT to Sport bumper conversion (painted inferno red)
- Sir Michael's roll pan installed and welded (painted inferno red)
- Grille Craft MX Series grille installed (black)
- Recon smoked cab lights installed
- Recon smoked 3rd brake light installed
- Recon 60" scanning LED tailgate bar installed
- Zone Offroad 6" suspension lift installed
- Bilstein 5100 series shocks installed
- 3rd Strike Performance dual air intake (inferno red)
- OEM tow mirros installed (painted grey to match upper half of truck)

Things being done after the shoot.

- 4.56 gears
- Oasis Diff cover (painted to match grey/red)
- Rear drive shaft powder coated
- New tires (size tbd)
- New brakes: rotors/pads (drilled/slotted rotors, EBC pads)
- Cams
- TB
- 180 degree thermostat
- Efan
- 2008 intake manifold (painted inferno red)
- Gibson ceramic headers
- New exhaust set up (with through body exhaust tips one per side)

There are really only 3 things that will be left that I want to get done.

1. Custom turbo

2. Audio

3. Do something with my bed. Tonneau cover, cap..something.

Down the line...I might smooth and paint the dash, but no huge rush now.

Truck goes into the shop Saturday. Work won't probably start till the following week. And, I still need to order the bumper parts, the mirrors, and the lights. And, of course there will be pictures along the way with updates.

Last edited:

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
That'll be cool, good luck with the shoot and keep us updated.

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will do. They had wanted to have pictures this month. But, with the head light issue, that set me back a few months. But, if i would of had any sense, I would of drove the damn truck to the shop, taken the lights out, and shipped them. At least that way it would have been at the shop! Stupid me.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
solid plan i cant wait to see what it looks like in the end, well for the shoot that is cause im sure the end is far from here....

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Thats a nice list of mods. And here I thought your truck couldnt get any nicer. Be cool to see it in the magazine though. Gonna have to let us know when it comes out so I can go pick up the issue.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
sweet! and ditto on the issue - gotta let us know! can't wait to see it!

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
solid plan i cant wait to see what it looks like in the end, well for the shoot that is cause im sure the end is far from here....

End is near. Truck will be done this year...I have another project I am starting to line up. Will be a 98 Jeep Cherokee XJ with probably a 4 inch long arm suspension...maybe a 6...we'll see.

Thats a nice list of mods. And here I thought your truck couldnt get any nicer. Be cool to see it in the magazine though. Gonna have to let us know when it comes out so I can go pick up the issue.

Thank you.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Deff keep us in the loop on it, gonna have to pick up that issue for sure.

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow that's a big list. Can't wait to see it finished!

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's a good thing you have some sponsors, because it would be pretty **** to pay someone for all those installs. lol

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
How does a photo shoot for a magazine work? Do they come to you? You go to them? They pay you to show your truck? There seems to be a lot of last minute outlay getting ready. Do you prep for show on your own or do you have a crew work on it? I am really out of the loop, I don't even buy magazines. Maybe this year I'll have time to go to a show or two. But I really am into street trucks more then show rides. Just curious, thanks...

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey assasin ill send you a decal if youll have it on the truck for the shoot.

OP
OP
The Assassin

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How does a photo shoot for a magazine work? Do they come to you? You go to them? They pay you to show your truck? There seems to be a lot of last minute outlay getting ready. Do you prep for show on your own or do you have a crew work on it? I am really out of the loop, I don't even buy magazines. Maybe this year I'll have time to go to a show or two. But I really am into street trucks more then show rides. Just curious, thanks...

Truckin' is going to pay my buddy that did my last photo shoot for the pictures. I have no idea how much, but he said he would split it with me...but I could care less about money...I am just stoked to have this chance! It's really a dream come true.

What do you mean do I prep for a show or do I have a crew work on it? Kinda confused there lol.

Hey assasin ill send you a decal if youll have it on the truck for the shoot.

Sure, shoot me a pm with the info, and I'll have my guy do it up in my colors. Need to have all of my decals redone anyway.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Truckin' is going to pay my buddy that did my last photo shoot for the pictures. I have no idea how much, but he said he would split it with me...but I could care less about money...I am just stoked to have this chance! It's really a dream come true.

What do you mean do I prep for a show or do I have a crew work on it? Kinda confused there lol.

Sure, shoot me a pm with the info, and I'll have my guy do it up in my colors. Need to have all of my decals redone anyway.

Oh I agree having your ride in a magazine is very cool. By preparation, I mean there is a lot of cleaning and polishing going on before a show. Do you do it all alone or do you have a support crew to work on the truck?

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
keep us informed of the issue you will be in...I dont buy magazines, but I will buy one if your truck is in it...

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Sounds like you'll be real Busy with all those Mods you have planned and I'm sure the Truck is gonna look awesome in that Magazine. Good Luck with the shoot!