2013 RAM 1500 hood ajar switch wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coltonkenshol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I know this has been discussed in many threads but I can not find this information. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am putting in OEM remote start in my wife's 2013 ram 1500. I've installed the hood ajar switch and run the wires to the same plug as my 2017 ram 2500 and successfully programmed the BCM and RF HUB. When I try it, the horn beeps, door locks close and I get the message that the hood ajar is open. I can only assume I have the wires to the wrong place. Has anyone added the hood ajar switch and correctly run the wires to where they belong? Its getting cold here and the wife would love this option.

I successfully added the hood ajar switch and did the programming on my 2017 RAM 2500.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
2013-16 use a different remote start setup then 2017-18 truck's. At this point if you are using alphaobd, alphaobd isn't setup to program the baseline fobs to a new rf hub. Highline fobs it can.

With that being said, double check your c1 pin 11 (I'm assuming that is where your hood latch wire is going) connection, make sure it's seated fully. If you are using alphaobd try a different ohm setting for the hood latch. Should be either 1k or 500/500. Then take the truck for a quick drive, turn the truck on/off another time and check

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

OP
OP
C

Coltonkenshol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel

Thanks allot for the schematics and info. I believe I did have the hood ajar switch wired to the wrong place according to the connects file showing connector I120. Now I have to figure out where this connector is located. Only thing that page said was it was the front end module. I Did a search on internet but couldn't find anything. I will search the forums and see if anything is there.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks allot for the schematics and info. I believe I did have the hood ajar switch wired to the wrong place according to the connects file showing connector I120. Now I have to figure out where this connector is located. Only thing that page said was it was the front end module. I Did a search on internet but couldn't find anything. I will search the forums and see if anything is there.

This is what I found

Here is the site

http://connectors.dcctools.com/results.htm

de5376127c1c388ac04a6b183dc56f8e.png

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

OP
OP
C

Coltonkenshol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
This is what I found

Here is the site

http://connectors.dcctools.com/results.htm

de5376127c1c388ac04a6b183dc56f8e.png

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

This is the plug where I thought it originally was to terminate on but after looking at the schematics provided earlier, based on wire colors, it appears to land on the connector I120. I am basing that on the actual hood ajar switch connector wire colors that match to the I120 connector. If the I120 connector is the correct one, does anyone know where this is located. I know where the C1/A connector is but only see pin 11 used for the hood ajar wire and no place for the second wire from the hood ajar switch. Any other information is greatly appreaciated.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It’s not actually a module. It’s a 34-way connector junction that is right underneath the fuse box. Release the fuse box tabs and lift the whole thing up. It’s a big connector with a lever lock on it. The front end circuits come from the BCM to here, then on to the headlights, fog lights, hood switch, washer fluid sensor, etc.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I know where the C1/A connector is but only see pin 11 used for the hood ajar wire and no place for the second wire from the hood ajar switch. Any other information is greatly appreaciated.
The second wire (sensor ground) is on the C4 BCM connector pin 23, but you don’t need to run all the way there. You can just ground that wire anywhere.