2015 Center Console Swap DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just did this swap in mine. No both of those behind the dash will be extra. I added the usb to the spot below the little pocket. I ended up with some extra parts when I bought a laramie bezel complete. So you can ignore all the sweet buttons you see on the bottom for heated/cooled seats. LOL! I put it in hoping to get those at some point. Anyway I added the one usb port as I had an extra & the space for it. The extra power port is just hanging there.
How did u add the USB to the dash bezel?? Wanna try to do this with mine this weekend

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you get your console? I have one for sale in Orlando, FL
Also, if you know anyone looking for a jump seat console and dash bezel for jump seat console let me know.... looking to sell mine pretty cheap....

allena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Finished up my console swap in my 2014 thanks to this write up. Thank you to the OP for this!! I did not have to splice any wires, mine were all plug and play. (Console even has a CD player in it that I did not have before and it works!)

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finished up my console swap in my 2014 thanks to this write up. Thank you to the OP for this!! I did not have to splice any wires, mine were all plug and play. (Console even has a CD player in it that I did not have before and it works!)
If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to do the swap?

bullitt5244

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok have the console in but cannot figure out how to get the USB to show up for the radio. Any ideas????

allena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

Without having to go to the hardware store for some bolts, nuts, and washers and taking breaks probably have about 3 hours or so in it. I studied these pictures pretty hard. Plus I read and reread multiple times and also had it pulled up on my phone while I was doing it. for me the hardest part was getting the jumpseat out without taking out the passenger seat. The jumpseat brackets had studs coming off running into the passenger seat bracket and I had to yank the s*** out of the jumpseat multiple times to get them to clear out. The only thing I have left to deal with is hooking the HVAC coming out from under the dash up to the HVAC in the console. I haven't figured out how I want to go about doing it just yet.

allena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

I also see that your console has the shifter. Mine did not, so you can pretty well bank on adding some time on that.

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also see that your console has the shifter. Mine did not, so you can pretty well bank on adding some time on that.
Already took the shifter out to replace it with a normal console for it....not getting into dealing with all that...

allena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Ok have the console in but cannot figure out how to get the USB to show up for the radio. Any ideas????

I just plugged all mine up and it lit up and worked. Are you talking about on the radio itself or are you not getting power to the USB?

allena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Already took the shifter out to replace it with a normal console for it....not getting into dealing with all that...

Yeah I've gone back and forth on that myself and I'm just not sure I want a shifter in the middle. I've always had a shifter on the column in an automatic so I think it would feel real weird lol.

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I've gone back and forth on that myself and I'm just not sure I want a shifter in the middle. I've always had a shifter on the column in an automatic so I think it would feel real weird lol.
I like the look of it in the middle, but I'm also used to it being on the column.... plus, like I said.... more $$$ and chance of something not working properly

bullitt5244

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just plugged all mine up and it lit up and worked. Are you talking about on the radio itself or are you not getting power to the USB?

The Blue lights are working but not syncing with radio. I do believe i made a mistake and did not see two connectors under the console. Iam going to wire those up and see what i have then.

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just finished mine! Everything works as it should too! Gonna have to take it back out soon tho.... need to figure out the air duct bc my jumpseat had a wide one where this one has a narrower one..... also have to put the front bracket it as I didn't have the bolts for it...., all in all I'm happy tho! And probably swapping the black lid for a grey with another member soon...and getting the center bin Monday so I can take out the shifter....a lot of thanks to Jrust for the help along the way....

Attachments

• IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 113

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got the bin in today and now I am completely finished!

Attachments

• IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 102

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Did you have any issues fitting the newer style top with the compartment on the older console? I remember hearing something needed to be modified to make it fit.

My console is and older one so it has the same style top yours originally did. It didn't come with a shifter or a bin, though. I'm going to pick up a shifter once I can find one, but in the mean time was just going to fit the bin that goes in place of the shifter with that style top. I ended up getting a good deal on the new style top complete with bin, though, so I'm going to install that while I wait to find a shifter.

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It came as entire new center piece.... including the bezel that goes around the bin.... but yes, I had to break off the clips they had on the bottom of the bin(not the sides or anywhere) bc they wouldn't allow it to go down fully..... after that, no issues.... clips I'm talking about are pictured

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 99

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It came as entire new center piece ( the entire piece from radio bezel to armrest)... but yes, I had to break off the clips they had on the bottom of the bin bc they wouldn't allow it to go down fully..... after that, no issues.... clips I'm talking about are pictured

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok, thanks. I heard that it needed "modification" but could never get a clear answer on what that was. I think this top assembly looks nicer than the bin that just installs in place of the shifter.