2015 Center Console Swap DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Picked up the console today.... missing the dash bezel and mourning bracket, but for the price couldn't pass it up..... anyone on here know if you can swap out the console and dash bezel trim pieces or not? The chrome colored pieces in the photo...
Here ya go... I think this is what you were looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322106438379

Sent from hell via TapATalk

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen just the silver part of the center console for sale on ebay before so I'm guessing that part comes off and you can swap it out.

I'd you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the console?

I just picked up this console last week for $200 off another forum member on here, Disturbed. Great guy!!

d1dac91db1cacd75247244f9d48e126b.jpg028ba2a6b608089762c49656e44f2540.jpga9883f1a307c3d88c376bd0ab880dbda.jpg

The silver part you mentioned had some heavy scratches so Disturbed wrapped the silver parts in black vinyl for me. Looks really nice and he gave me a ton of spare vinyl so I can wrap my radio bezel parts aswell once it gets here. I'm just waiting on the bezel and brackets to arrive that I bought off ebay. My black matching front "kick" panels already arrived. Once the bezel and brackets get here I'm ready to swap it in. I'm so excited... ive been dying to get a center console in my truck since I test drove it haha...

Paid $250 for mine with shipping cost.... also got it from another member here..... it had the CD player option as my current jump seat does, so had to get it..... my current dash trim pieces are that dark gray and I think it looks good and would like to keep it..... if I can't find any, I'll just take them off and plastidip them black or grey. The phot I posted is actually the one I'm waiting on..... I'll eventually change my column shift to the console shift, but until then, I'll just change that piece out...... will be looking to sell my jump seat console after I get everything together, so if you know anyone looking for one (diesel gray) cloth let me know.....

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Paid $250 for mine with shipping cost.... also got it from another member here..... it had the CD player option as my current jump seat does, so had to get it..... my current dash trim pieces are that dark gray and I think it looks good and would like to keep it..... if I can't find any, I'll just take them off and plastidip them black or grey
Well the link I posted is for the piece your talking about, but in silver. So I'm gonna guess you could order the correct color from your local dealer or a Mopar Parts site. Once you figure out the part number for that color it will be easier to find it.

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the link I posted is for the piece your talking about, but in silver. So I'm gonna guess you could order the correct color from your local dealer or a Mopar Parts site. Once you figure out the part number for that color it will be easier to find it.

Appreciate the look out on that.... I'll check it out.... also, did you ever buy the dash bezel from drknight or however he goes by?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Appreciate the look out on that.... I'll check it out.... also, did you ever buy the dash bezel from drknight or however he goes by?
No I don't think I ever heard from him? Don't remember talking to anyone on here about a bezel. I found mine on ebay and got one of those right time right place kinda deals. $46 +$12 for shipping. Perfectly mint radio bezel. No scratches or broken parts. Was a steal. Also got both my black "kick" panels off ebay for $25 each when they are $40+ at the dealer. Also got both my brackets for $35 shipped when they are $30 something each. I just browse ebay all day and night looking for those amazing deals to randomly pop up lol.

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The jumpseat center console swap forum

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 144

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I contacted him as well and never heard anything back. Actually gonna be up your way next month.... visiting friends/family up there and heading to the Poconos

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also if anyone can, I purchased the mounting brackets for the console swap from quirkparts, does anyone know what type of screws/bolts I need for these to work? Thanks in advance!

mdxers11

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Flame Red
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am starting my center console swap from the jump seat. I don't know if it varies my trim level, but my Express Quad Cab doesn't have rear vents, nor duct work underneath the jump seat. I think I can forego the rigging of the ductwork when I put the center console in. Perhaps Quad Cab configurations didn't have rear vents.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Also if anyone can, I purchased the mounting brackets for the console swap from quirkparts, does anyone know what type of screws/bolts I need for these to work? Thanks in advance!

My console didn't have brackets but came with a bag of bolts. I can take a few pics so you have an idea. I haven't figured out where they all go yet, though.

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My console didn't have brackets but came with a bag of bolts. I can take a few pics so you have an idea. I haven't figured out where they all go yet, though.
I would appreciate it.... the quirkparts photo didn't show any bolts or say it in the description, so just wanna be sure of what I may need just in case..... Thanks Again!!

bullitt5244

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Will be doing this next week. What happens with the two power outlets on the dash? are they just hidden when the console is installed?

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will be doing this next week. What happens with the two power outlets on the dash? are they just hidden when the console is installed?
I'm pretty sure they just plug in somewhere in the console now.... not positive, but that would be my guess.....

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'm pretty sure they just plug in somewhere in the console now.... not positive, but that would be my guess.....

I just did this swap in mine. No both of those behind the dash will be extra. I added the usb to the spot below the little pocket. I ended up with some extra parts when I bought a laramie bezel complete. So you can ignore all the sweet buttons you see on the bottom for heated/cooled seats. LOL! I put it in hoping to get those at some point. Anyway I added the one usb port as I had an extra & the space for it. The extra power port is just hanging there.

Attachments

• 20170124_134634_resized.jpg
    20170124_134634_resized.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 160

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
the power ports get moved. One gets moved to the cupholder area and the other gets moved to back for the rear passengers. you can add another one if you dont have a power outlet. I took my extra usb one and put it in my wifes grand caravan. Was plug and play to add the usb.

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
They get moved but not with the same wires. My center console has the power outlet where they all do. It is fed by the main wiring loom below the console though. Not the one that sits behind the bezel for the outlet. Same with the USB plug.

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just did this swap in mine. No both of those behind the dash will be extra. I added the usb to the spot below the little pocket. I ended up with some extra parts when I bought a laramie bezel complete. So you can ignore all the sweet buttons you see on the bottom for heated/cooled seats. LOL! I put it in hoping to get those at some point. Anyway I added the one usb port as I had an extra & the space for it. The extra power port is just hanging there.
Gonna have to get with you on the USB thing when I get my console going.... paid last week and it's just being sent today or tomorrow.....

bullitt5244

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Almost have the console swap completed! Just needing to splice the USB SD stuff together.

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Gonna have to get with you on the USB thing when I get my console going.... paid last week and it's just being sent today or tomorrow.....

Did you get your console? I have one for sale in Orlando, FL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank