2016 projector LED headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok when it comes to modern day vehicles I’m illiterate. Can someone help me figure out what I need to convert my 2016 ram 1500 projector headlights to a projector LED? I’m looking preferably for a housing that’s plug and play, but would be ok with a adapter that’s plug and play and buy the bulbs. I looked at the modify street post but that’s not compatible with the oem projectors like mine has. Thanks in advance.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
On the modifystreet/alpharex have them for stock projector or quad/dual.
Just scroll down the list under size on Amazon.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ok when it comes to modern day vehicles I’m illiterate. Can someone help me figure out what I need to convert my 2016 ram 1500 projector headlights to a projector LED? I’m looking preferably for a housing that’s plug and play, but would be ok with a adapter that’s plug and play and buy the bulbs. I looked at the modify street post but that’s not compatible with the oem projectors like mine has. Thanks in advance.

A
The AlphaRex lights are absolutely compatible with the OEM Projector Rams. If you order from Amazon it has an option for the adapter harness, also if you order from the AlphaRex site you can request the adapter harness in the “special instructions” section of the checkout page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
How do AlphaRex LEDs compared to HIDs for the low beams?

AlphaRex leds? Are you referring to the $1,000 AlphaRex NOVA series headlights that are 4 led Projectors inside? Or are you asking about the cheaper PRO series comparison of led bulbs vs hid bulbs in the low beam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 2013 1500 Sport that had OEM projectors in it. I just bought a replacement projector headlight that was plug and play minus having to run 3 provided wires (1 to the battery positive, 1 to the battery negative, and 1 to the charging port fuse in the engine compartment which I think is F91??? I can't remember exactly but I can look if you decide to go with Alpharex). I bought ModifyStreets from eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2013-2...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649) and put in an offer for $250 and the accepted it almost immediately. I put them in and they fit beautifully and i've had no issues so far, but it has only been 3 days. I did not go with LEDs but i'm researching them now to make them a little brighter as they aren't quite bright enough for me with the stock H7 bulbs that come with the headlights. Just make sure to pick the right style for a stock projector replacement as there are several choices (granted the link I just sent is correct). Hope this helps a little bit. Although you don't have to change the housings to add LED headlights, but from what I have read so far HIDs are better in projectors that LEDs, but I don't want to mess with all of the extra adapters for HIDs.