2018 Ram 1500, question about window locks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Lonestar Edition with Black Out Package
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Does the window lock only lockout the rear windows? I pushed down on the window lock , and was still able to use the front passenger controls to roll the window down.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It locks out operation of the rear passenger window controls only.

OP
OP
TexNorseman

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Lonestar Edition with Black Out Package
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It locks out operation of the rear passenger window controls only.
Why wouldn't they include that for front passenger too?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Heck if I know...I'm not buildin' the trucks. I only drive 'em.

adorer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think that is is mostly to prevent small children from lowering the windows when setting back there. "Most" of the time Adults set in the front and they tend not to try to climb out when the truck is moving. However depends how you drive and how scared they get I guess, then maybe they wanna bale out>

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does the window lock only lockout the rear windows? I pushed down on the window lock , and was still able to use the front passenger controls to roll the window down.

In my manual, it specifically says it only locks the controls for the windows on the rear doors.

That leads me to think you can still operate them from the drivers door control panel, as that usually over-rides any lock outs.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
All FCA cars are that way. My mother complained about this in her Durango because before she knew that it didn’t lock the front windows she would let her 2 ****** dogs roam free on the front passenger seat while driving. That is, until one day when one of them stood on the panel to look out the window and accidentally rolled the window all the way down and almost fell out of the car onto the interstate!

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
All FCA cars are that way. My mother complained about this in her Durango because before she knew that it didn’t lock the front windows she would let her 2 ****** dogs roam free on the front passenger seat while driving. That is, until one day when one of them stood on the panel to look out the window and accidentally rolled the window all the way down and almost fell out of the car onto the interstate!

Out the window is a good place for ****** dogs.;)

Rick Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I have this issue. I routinely drive 3.5 hours with the family and 6 dogs to visit my parents. My wifes dog loves to push the lock button and window button.