4" Lift Kit options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
tell me more about this low pro XM antenna!

05ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone for your input and pics. I’ll definitely go with the 6”. Gonna do some more research into which brand.

05ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok still back and forth on the 4 or 6” lift now. I don’t want too much space with 285/65’s with a 6 or not enough with 4”. I’m not sure how the RC lift works. If I get the adjustable struts (which I will for ball joint issues) will they adjust less than 6” in case it’s too much for me? I know they don’t offer them for the 4” kit.

OP
OP
LaramieGen4

LaramieGen4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok still back and forth on the 4 or 6” lift now. I don’t want too much space with 285/65’s with a 6 or not enough with 4”. I’m not sure how the RC lift works. If I get the adjustable struts (which I will for ball joint issues) will they adjust less than 6” in case it’s too much for me? I know they don’t offer them for the 4” kit.

Too much space is relative to what you like once you get past having enough room for whatever wheels/tires you are running. A 4" lift should provide for 35x12.50 tires. I'm running 285/65's now on just a level, and I wouldn't want to keep them with a 4" lift or even the 3", because of too much space.

I must be missing something with the adjustable struts. If you are referring to Bilstein 5100's, I'm not aware that they make them specifically for lift kits. Rather, they can be used to level your front end up to 2.8" of height, and I suppose they can also be used in conjunction with a lift kit, but I don't think that does much for your ball joints. The lift kits usually come with replacement UCA's that provide better angles for your ball joints with the lift. But the RCX 4 and 6 inch lifts also have optional shocks that can be added in the front if you feel the ride quality won't be good enough with the base kit.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It’s my understanding that most of the suspension lifts that are available, retain at least some of the factory rake. If you want the truck to be level, you have to either lift the front more, or the back, less.
Easiest way to add to the front is to use adjustable struts in conjunction with the lift.

Other option is to use a shorter coil/spacer in the rear.

I think I have seen where some lifts let you “pick and choose” front and rear components separately. For example, combine a 6” front with 4” rear coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You’ll clear with a 3” kit but just seems that the 3” kits don’t have the best reputations tho. Good luck with whatever ya decide!
i have heard the same thing

1. Bilsteins at 2.8 in front
  2. Rear ICON 1.75” Coils
  3. Rear ICON shocks
  4. Zone Upper Control Arms
  5. Zone 1-1/2” Body Lift
That would be a good budget lift with quality parts in the 4” range with no cutting of the frame, completely reversible.
thank you i might go that route

Last edited by a moderator:

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
For the money, the RC lift would be the way to go for you. Best bang for the buck for your needs. If you went off-road, BDS would be the kit to look at, but you will spend more. Also, consider a 6" lift for just a little bit more. I went with a 4" and was not happy. Ended up costing me more in the long run.

^This