4 wheel drive on evic cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff6917

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
hello I have a 2017 Ram 3500 6.7. I have an EVIC cluster but it does not display when I go into 4 wheel drive. Is there a bit I need to change or a setting I can use when I switch to 4 wheel lock or 4 low that shows I’m in 4 wheel drive mode?

Thank you,
Jeff

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What trim level and what cluster do you have? It should be displayed somewhere, where would depend upon which cluster in the truck you have. Need that lil bit on info to check. Also, which level model, Bighorn, Laramie etc

OP
OP
J

Jeff6917

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
I have a Tradesman which I upgraded the cluster from a basic cluster to the EVIC purchased from infotainment. It flashes on the bottom middle left of the cluster when I start it then goes away. I can send pics if that would help.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you changed out clusters, who knows then. Did you have it into RAM because your BCM may need to be flashed for options to appear on an advanced EVIC that you may not have had on a stock Tradesman cluster. Gonna be a biotch to find out. Did U get the 7" Midline or Premium cluster put in? Pic not hurt.

If U want, I can take a PIC of my Premium Cluster with Lights ref 4WD illuminated. If the 4 WD symbol lights up then goes out when started, and does not display when you put in 4WD, sounds like YOU need BCM flashed to enable function. Just my thoughts, which R skerry.

4wd lt a.JPG4wd lt.JPGprem cluster.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jeff6917

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Hello, that is the cluster I put in my truck. Position 8 is where my 4wd flashes on then goes away. I wouldn’t think I would need to flash that bit because it does display then disappears, but what do I know lol. Thanks for the information looks like I have some more research to do. When I engage my 4wd it does not flash it only does when I start the truck with 4wd engaged, hmmmm???

ibike

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Initial start does a self test on all the lights in the cluster just to let you know the bulbs are good. That’s why you are seeing the 4wd at start up. Your bcm doesn’t recognize the cluster. Flash time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank