4X4 Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you elaborate, I'm not seeing how that would help, as 1, the tires continue to turn while hydroplaning whether you're on the gas pedal or not, and 2, that is suggesting that a loss of traction, by spinning the wheels, is needed to regain traction?

Slush is also a completely different animal than rain, but my overall point is snowy and icy roads can be navigated with RWD vehicles. To need 4WD on paved roads in rain says the driver is going much faster or using way more throttle than they should be.

While I agree and disagree hydroplaning sucks regardless. Difference is getting the truck moving back in the right direction. So if its AWD/4x4 and the front tires hit the puddle and get loose your rears push you through, if the rears start to move from say a slick bend, the fronts can pull out through again. I am not saying full throttle drifting fun, but having 4 wheels actively propelling the vehicle will yield more control in almost all situations.

Only time mine goes into 4auto is heavy rain, which if all Florida rain. It comes on quick, dumps a ton of water, the old cars and dump trucks leak like there is no tomorrow making right turns fun in a truck. In Tampa everything is under construction so everything gets slick. There are a few intersections that I can honestly say are as slick as black ice for about 10 feet.

4x4 high I would never use on pavement for anything other than pulling something out. The 44-45 will not like it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca