6.4 being pulled out of truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
This just doesn't sound right at all. Your truck is under warranty, you paid for your truck and they are limiting the amount of days they will give you a loaner?! I'd stand my ground firmly but respectfully and get with Ram cares on here to get assistance. It sounds like you're getting dicked in multiple ways. There's no way they can do this cause the 6.4 is on back order. None of it on fault of yours.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After thinking about your situation more, I really think you should stand your ground. Your truck is paid for, 1 year old, and still under warranty. Why on earth would you want to trade it in and pay 18K more. Furthermore, Ram stating that they will cut off your loaner vehicle is even bigger BS. They have your work truck, and you get nothing? What would happen if June rolls around, and Ram says, "Sorry, the backorder has been pushed back to 2018." Are you supposed to not have a vehicle?

I would tell the dealer to get bent, and then I would start making calls. BBB, lemon, Ram, dealer mgr, etc. The bottom line is, until 3 weeks ago, you had a fully paid truck, that is under warranty, that you were daily driving. Now, they have taken it away from you and are holding your truck hostage. Either demand they give you a loaner for the entirety of this debacle, or demand they trade you another 2016 6.4 with comparable miles at no charge, or a 2016 6.7 with comparable miles for the price of the 6.7 upgrade.

There is no way I would pay 18K when this whole mess is their doing.

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After thinking about your situation more, I really think you should stand your ground. Your truck is paid for, 1 year old, and still under warranty. Why on earth would you want to trade it in and pay 18K more. Furthermore, Ram stating that they will cut off your loaner vehicle is even bigger BS. They have your work truck, and you get nothing? What would happen if June rolls around, and Ram says, "Sorry, the backorder has been pushed back to 2018." Are you supposed to not have a vehicle?

I would tell the dealer to get bent, and then I would start making calls. BBB, lemon, Ram, dealer mgr, etc. The bottom line is, until 3 weeks ago, you had a fully paid truck, that is under warranty, that you were daily driving. Now, they have taken it away from you and are holding your truck hostage. Either demand they give you a loaner for the entirety of this debacle, or demand they trade you another 2016 6.4 with comparable miles at no charge, or a 2016 6.7 with comparable miles for the price of the 6.7 upgrade.

There is no way I would pay 18K when this whole mess is their doing.

^^^^This.. and to add, I CERTAINLY wouldn't buy one from a Manufacturer / dealership who is dicking me around so severely.

RainDesert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Talking to dealer, they will trade my truck for a 17 ccsb Laramie diesel for 18k.

The deal for the new 6.7 seems like a pretty good one. I've done similar moves at my dealer who is a friend. If you want a 6.7 anyways, seems like a good time to do it.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
They had my 6.4L in the shop for an engine replacement and the dealer provided a loaner, which I needed, for the entire time it took to diagnose the problem, review test results with FCA, receive approval for the new engine, release and ship the engine from Mexico to Oregon, pull the old one, install the new one and make sure it was all running correctly. That was over 30 days.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Or tell them to put your old motor back in so you can use it until the replacement motor arrives. Or pull one from another truck on the lot:)

Like others said, not really your problem they don't have an engine available.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ram is not obligated to give you a loaner when warranty work is being done. When you buy your truck brand new, there's a yellow tag sticking out of your owners manual stating this. It's up to the dealer to make that decision, and in your case they should let you have one as a courtesy. As far as trading up, I wouldn't let the dealer talk you into that just to get you off their back, unless the price is right and you want to. I would definitely make sure they're giving you what you're truck (similar mileage, options, and condition) is SELLING for in your region, NOT trade in value

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Ram is not obligated to give you a loaner when warranty work is being done. When you buy your truck brand new, there's a yellow tag sticking out of your owners manual stating this. It's up to the dealer to make that decision, and in your case they should let you have one as a courtesy. As far as trading up, I wouldn't let the dealer talk you into that just to get you off their back, unless the price is right and you want to. I would definitely make sure they're giving you what you're truck (similar mileage, options, and condition) is SELLING for in your region, NOT trade in value

when i had my 2014 in for warranty work they told me that RAM required them to give me a loaner vehicle for warranty work, maybe things have changed since 2014 but when i asked about one thats what they told me...

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same sound in my truck twice now for no more than 1 second. My dodge tech friend said to leave it until it gets worse like the 6.4 in the video. Said the problem could resolve itself but it may stay the same forever there's not much they could do until it's persistent like this 6.4 is. He said the lifters just bleed off and most hemis do it.

For any of you who are experiencing the same thing and are worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dodgetk81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 6.7 is a 9k option, so in my eyes you are not doing too bad trading the Laramie hemi for the Laramie diesel.

OP
OP
D

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have decided to keep my truck and not spend the extra money right now. Engine is now supposed to arrive by the 16th, well see

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So the noise is completely gone with the new motor?

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca