8spd trans shift point control yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidinGA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport Blue Streak
Engine
I've been away for a while and was curious if Diablo or anyone else has gained control over the 8spd to change shift points yet?

Still waiting to buy a programmer as it wasn't available last time I checked.

Thanks

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thought they (Diablo) figured this out a few months back. Maybe Matt can chime in?

jmgak47

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 1500 Express QC 8 Speed
No there is no control of WOT or Part throttle show shift points with a custom tune yet, and may never be.

But I have at least found a way to raise the rev limiter to wherever, then just use the tap shifting on the steering wheel to shift higher. Works well...

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DavidinGA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No there is no control of WOT or Part throttle show shift points with a custom tune yet, and may never be.

But I have at least found a way to raise the rev limiter to wherever, then just use the tap shifting on the steering wheel to shift higher. Works well...
Oh so when you shift manually it allows the rpms to go higher?

jmgak47

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
By popular vote on the forum I am not allowed to talk about tuning unless I pay to be a sponsor.

Sorry,

Jay

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bish please!

Just like gov't, the popular vote is not about what is best, but rather who has the money.

jmgak47

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry guys, not my choice...

I have already been called down enough and have no clue what the line is on this forum. So I am being neutral in the tuning area as requested.

Wanna talk to me find me on another forum or talk to someone that knows me to get my info.

Jay

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

I have already been called down enough and have no clue what the line is on this forum. So I am being neutral in the tuning area as requested.

Wanna talk to me find me on another forum or talk to someone that knows me to get my info.

Jay

What's the point of this forum if we can't talk about our trucks..

Sounds like someone doesn't want to give away there secrets on tuning the 8 speed.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Quiet you! "They" might see that rebellious talk.

OP
OP
D

DavidinGA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Jay
Dafaq?

jmgak47

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What's the point of this forum if we can't talk about our trucks..

Sounds like someone doesn't want to give away there secrets on tuning the 8 speed.

Far from the case. Also lots of my posts were deleted. That probably will tell you what happened.

I love giving info and helping but am not a sponsor. Also I am not your avg user either but a CMR tuner myself and am seen as a threat to business.

Money talks and a forum is a business formost...

Last edited:

jmgak47

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My PM's have been disabled.

lol