98 Ram 1500, No power to transmission connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArkansasFreeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just had the transmission rebuilt . Drive great for 2 weeks then suddenly downshift to 1st and won't shift . Good transmission guy, not electrically minded . Have no power to pin 1 .5v to pin 2 . The coils ohm to spec. I'm just getting into myself and would appreciate any input ! 98 Ram sport 5.2L 2wd

ViolentMouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Pin 1 is trans relay output, this would lose power if the relay in the fuse center was bad, or the fuse to the relay was bad, pin 2 is your 5 volt supply, so was it 5 volts? or half a volt?

should be able to swap the trans relay with another one of the relays in the fuse center. (AC/horn)

original.jpg

OP
OP
A

ArkansasFreeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I personally haven’t checked the 5v yet . Transmission guy said no 12v on pin one . But 5v present on pin 2 . Transmission relay not pulling in . Tested relay and found to be good . Contacts ohm good . Does the pcm use the ground side to activate that relay ? I have 12v for the coil , and 12v on the contactor. Placed a jumper to get 12v on pin one to the tranny . Still no shift .