Any interest for paddle shifters? ( 8 speed )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Gave it a shot again, the car is reading the Paddle shifters as you can see in the video. I have programmed the BCM for Paddle shifters via AlfaOBD but the car wouldn't shift although it is getting a signal out of them. I'm really confused from this point onwards on how to tackle it!
I might as well just hard wire the paddles into the original button shifters and see if that works.

That's too bad.

behacharonblk07 has mentioned his have the same function as the button, so you may be on the right track for your alternate plan.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Last edited:

Chevy6cyl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Just seeing if there would be any interest on paddle shifters for the 8 speeds.

I'm going to start tinkering around to see what I can put together with mostly OEM parts. I'm going to attempt to use paddles from the SRT 8's. Might require a wheel change. I haven't really gotten that far.

If there is interest I'll put together a how to. I'm determined to have paddles and get away from those stupid buttons on the wheel.
Any luck? I would Absolutely love a paddle shift in my ecodiesel.

RebelRancor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you do paddle lockout, etc with alfaobd? I also want to say theres "electronic range" option meaning how the "button" shifters work "vehconfig 7 shift feature..." may be something to look at. When I get home i'll swap it over and see if it gives me a range or if "autostick" means hard shift to that gear. I've also got fully functional srt pages & drive modes (opens, cannot change unless body line is set to a charger, and tazer gets plugged in, then your tazer drive mode also displays on dash.)

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Put yourself in our shoes (Express Owners). They're on the end of the column-shifter stalk and even more useless and easy to miss shifts with.

Interested in seeing what you come up with that we can also put to use for the 6-spd.
I actually find the up/down on the column easier than dislocating my thumb to reach the ones on the front of the steering wheel.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Did you do paddle lockout, etc with alfaobd? I also want to say theres "electronic range" option meaning how the "button" shifters work "vehconfig 7 shift feature..." may be something to look at. When I get home i'll swap it over and see if it gives me a range or if "autostick" means hard shift to that gear. I've also got fully functional srt pages & drive modes (opens, cannot change unless body line is set to a charger, and tazer gets plugged in, then your tazer drive mode also displays on dash.)
I've had paddles in my truck since 15,they're tied into the original shift buttons. Having had 2 Challengers with the factory TipTronic paddles and the truck with paddles,i much prefer the trucks paddle set-up over the cars tiptronic set-up.I use the paddles in the truck all the time,but i never use the paddles in the cars.The paddles are way more precise then the factory buttons,pull the paddle and it shifts,no more stabbing at the little button several times,and hoping it shifts. Brandon-w was working on making them operate like the cars,but i don't know if he got them to work yet.Another option i've thought about,is to look into using the wheel and programming off a new G/T truck or the TRX,as they both have factory tiptronic paddles from what i've gathered up. You could contact Russell at Sound German,as i think he might have found a way to make the tiptonic set-up work. But in all honesty i don't think the tiptronic set-up is any better then just tying into the trucks buttons

Attachments

• DSCN3838.JPG
    DSCN3838.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN3839.JPG
    DSCN3839.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 2

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
RIP JEEPGUY...I sure like his idea, has anyone tried the paddles from the 5th gen TRX? there's a set on Ebay for $200, and I'm very tempted

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
RIP JEEPGUY...I sure like his idea, has anyone tried the paddles from the 5th gen TRX? there's a set on Ebay for $200, and I'm very tempted
Get ahold of Brandon-W,he might have some insight on making the TRX paddles work. After having 2 Challengers with the tip tronic paddles,i wouldn't be to worried about getting the TRX paddles to work like the cars paddles do.