Anyone actually use Maxcare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this a scam, also heard they might be getting rid of the maximum care lifetime warranty by the end of this year

Nope, not a scam. He was recommend to me back in March when I purchased my new 17'. Many folks around here have purchased from Clay (search the forums and you will see). He is by far the cheapest around you will find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this a scam, also heard they might be getting rid of the maximum care lifetime warranty by the end of this year

many if not all of the fca warranty companies you find online are actually dealers that sell the warranty contracts for cheap. even though they may only make a few hundred vs many hundreds if you buy at a dealer because of the amount they sell it makes up for it.

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2400 to 3800 lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Clay is able to get folks the MaxCare for around $2400-2500. That is what most folks have paid, including myself.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
They have been saying the lifetime is going away next year for 8 years.

I had one on my 1500. Used it once to replace a leaky front strut at around 34k miles. Didnt pay a cent. No hassel at all and they gave me a loaner 2500 to get to work. When i traded the truck for my 2500 i got back $2k for a refund which went to new tires for the HD lol. I have no complaints.

sladekos

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi V8
I used it on previous cars... only had an issue once when they would only pay for non-OEM parts. I don't remember what happened, but I probably shelled out the difference (it was a sports car and I was young).

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I paid about 2800 for my Maxcare lifetime.

Ive cashed in 3 times for a total of about 5800 or so and have only be charged the deductible once for whatever reason, and even then it was on $40 instead of the usual $100. It seems that portion can be waived by the service writer or something. Either way, I am in the black for the warranty and couldnt be happier.

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It sounds like you are debating whether or not you should get the warranty... if you are in any way conflicted internally about it, I say just get it. You'll sleep better at night.

Personally, I never buy extended warranties on any vehicle and it has never once bitten me in the butt. So I have saved thousands of dollars by NOT buying them. That said, ask anyone who has had a nightmare scenario with a vehicle and didn't have it under warranty and they will probably say they buy the extended warranty every single time now. It only takes one terrible/expensive experience. I've been fortunate to have great vehicles with zero issues pretty much my entire life.

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Using Maxcare now. New exhaust manifold and stud replacement. Manifold warped. Rental covered.

I've used it in the past on my 07 1500 for a transmission, rear end, and power steering pump.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have not used it on this Ram, but used it quite a bit on my Grand Cherokee. Very easy, no hassles, just pay the deductible and they cover everything including a rental.

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It sounds like you are debating whether or not you should get the warranty... if you are in any way conflicted internally about it, I say just get it. You'll sleep better at night.

Personally, I never buy extended warranties on any vehicle and it has never once bitten me in the butt. So I have saved thousands of dollars by NOT buying them. That said, ask anyone who has had a nightmare scenario with a vehicle and didn't have it under warranty and they will probably say they buy the extended warranty every single time now. It only takes one terrible/expensive experience. I've been fortunate to have great vehicles with zero issues pretty much my entire life.

Who me? Yeah, im going to reserarch it, it has had 5 warranty repairs so far in less than 2 years, 15,000 miles.

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see it every single day as a tech. That thing saves tons of money.