Bed covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonster307

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

Just wanted some opinions on hard bed covers. I am looking for one that is pretty easy to play with (meaning the ones that can fold back if i am putting larger stuff in the bed). I have been looking them up online and there are so many to choose from just want some suggestions.

Thank you very much in advance for the help!

I have a 2015 ram 1500.

OP
OP
T

tonster307

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sorry I meant to put this in exterior, not sure if there is admin or someone who could move the post to exterior.

Thanks

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I have an undercover flex, I've been pretty happy with it so far and it has a three year warranty. It installs in about 20 minutes and folds into three panels.

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
I had the RollBak on my quad can and will be buying the rollx for my crew cab once I sell the old one. I like that it stops intermittently which allows for adjustable loads or opens all the way for 98% bed access. The best part, no tie downs required when it's open like some of the folding ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finstinct

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Laramie CrewCab 2x4
Engine
Flame Red & Bright Silver / 5.7 Hemi
I bought my ram used and it had an extang solid fold on it. 3yrs old it was trashed. The textured panels were no longer glossy dirty as hell, and the powder coating on the aluminum frame was chipping off in sections all over it. It leaked in the seems but never enough to make a mess but I did have to glue the rear seal back on in two different sections. I loved the convenience and even sanded all the powder coating off thinking to paint it nice but ha end had the time. I'll probably not buy the same brand again but I miss being able to throw anything back there and lock my tailgate. Good luck let us know what you get and update it after a while!

finstinct

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Laramie CrewCab 2x4
Engine
Flame Red & Bright Silver / 5.7 Hemi
Oh and I ordered a roll-x from bak yesterday from Morrie at bak factory outlet for $250 less than what my local bed cap place wanted.

iRIDElow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Ltr. Cummins
Check into re-trax they are a great product. Its not a hard folding case but it does roll up and can be locked in many different places so it can still be partially open/closed.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had an ACCESS LORADO on my 09. It did everything I needed it to do, and still looked darn good after 5 yrs in the TX sun,, (Lifetime warranty)

Traded the 9 for a 14,,, I wanted something 'different',,, Looked at the Bakflips, the high dollar roll ups, Tri-folds,,,

Dang,, I really wanted something 'different',,, but in the end, the best bang for the buck/best suited to my individual needs was,,, the Lorado again!!! LOL!!!!

It all boils down to how much security you need, how you use the bed of your truck, (if it's ever in the way, how difficult is it to remove) how dry do you need to be, and how much you want to spend.

Canister types or Bakflips types don't work for me as I haul a MC in the bed,, An 850 lb MC that requires every inch of bed,,, The old-school roll up type gives me virtually 100% of the bed w/o removal, and even if I did need to remove,,, loosen 2 bolts and remove 2 more.
As the old school type sits slightly above the rails, its more of a tent than a pond,,, Kinda seems like some guys have a bit of trouble staying dry with some of the flush/below rail tops,,, (Not many, but a few) Been very fortunate to have both my Lorado's dry enough to keep luggage and what-not out of the elements. Might catch some drips by the tailgate, but that's fully understandable as I've never used a tailgate seal...

Good luck in your quest!!!