BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anyone have any experience with them? called about some Duratracs today but was told they are on back order till January but was told these are in stock and are actually better tires. they are the same price and my only real concern is tread life and road noise

Barcelo5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 6 speed with mds
Buddy of mine has these. He loves them. Not noisy at all. And they look great too. I have Toyo open country at 2's and love them aswell. Quite and look great. It was a toss up between the two for me. Cant speek for tread life but heard that both do very well. Also I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the bfg's. You'll love them. And goodyears are known for sidewall crack so beware.

OP
OP
A

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ah wasn't aware of the sidewall issues, kinda glad i didn't get to order them then lol. i believe the duratracs are 6 ply while the bfg's are 10 which is pretty nice. watched a few of the videos they did with the sidewalls too and they looked pretty tough

the stock SRAs are pretty much done, after only 34k km there's only about 2mm left to the wear bars. by far the worst tires i've ever seen. with all the rain over the last week the damn things are just spinning all over the place as if i was driving on nothing but ice. pretty unbelievable really and it's not like i've abused them at all, just a horrible tire

Last edited:

Oddity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got mine on a couple wees ago. Can't speak from personal experience for longevity, but my initial findings for grip and road noise has been quite positive. Mind you, I have 35"x12.5" tires, so depending on size your experience may differ. After much research and contemplation I decided to buy the KO2s over the Duratracs, seems people favor the BFG tires for longevity, as apparently the Goodyear tires wear fast.

OP
OP
A

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got mine on a couple wees ago. Can't speak from personal experience for longevity, but my initial findings for grip and road noise has been quite positive. Mind you, I have 35"x12.5" tires, so depending on size your experience may differ. After much research and contemplation I decided to buy the KO2s over the Duratracs, seems people favor the BFG tires for longevity, as apparently the Goodyear tires wear fast.

i'm looking at 275/60 which i believe converts to 33.0X10.8 so i'd be smaller. trying to stick to stock size so i don't have to mess with my spare

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty happy with mine so far, around 11k miles on 'em. They are a smidge louder than I thought they'd be but not loud by any stretch of the imagination. You can hear and feel them grip when accelerating while turning, grip seems to be there.

Only been off road once, nothing major but they did quite well in the soft stuff without airing down.

Saskabush

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is just my personal opinion, based on experience with these exact tires. I put my tires through heck. Lots of off pavement work, hunting and fishing every day off, logging roads, grid roads, fields, ditches, sloughs, mud, deep snow, snow drifts and on the frozen lakes.
I'll start by saying that the BFG's are slightly better performing off road. BUT I did get 30% less millage out of them than the Goodyear Duratracs.
Now, if you can get a hold of the 10 ply Duratracs...... Those are a great tire.
But if I had to chose, and money wasn't an option I go for the BFG A/T's.
I'll get 90,000 Km's (average) out of the Duratracs
I'll get 55,000 Km's (average) out of the BFG's
So I run Duratrac, based on price and durability. Plus when you got a RAM, you're already in a better position than most.

OP
OP
A

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
decided to give em a try. so far i've noticed they like to hum a little which was expected. they also like to throw a lot of stones which was somewhat expected but i didn't expect to look into my mirror and see a steady stream flying out lol. the ride is a little rougher but again expected especially going from passenger tires to LTs. noticed they grab a lot better taking turns which is gonna take some getting used to. the SRAs were weak enough that they'd kinda sway over a bit so the change feels pretty weird cornering

time will tell how much i end up liking them but so far seem like a solid tire. can't wait for winter to come and see how well they hold up on ice and snow

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had mine for a little while now (see link in signature) and I have had no complaints. They grip so well I have a hard time breaking them free (3.21 gears).

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
ah wasn't aware of the sidewall issues, kinda glad i didn't get to order them then lol. i believe the duratracs are 6 ply while the bfg's are 10 which is pretty nice. watched a few of the videos they did with the sidewalls too and they looked pretty tough

the stock SRAs are pretty much done, after only 34k km there's only about 2mm left to the wear bars. by far the worst tires i've ever seen. with all the rain over the last week the damn things are just spinning all over the place as if i was driving on nothing but ice. pretty unbelievable really and it's not like i've abused them at all, just a horrible tire

not that I have the 14 anymore but after 27K the tires had 8/32nds on the front and 7/32nds on the back. Drove through a monsoon in Arkansas for over two hours and had no issues with my stockers. Weird:favorites13:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professionalish