BLOWER MOTOR RELAY - 2013 RAM 1500 5.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dac717

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All,

My truck has intermittent power to the blower motor. I replaced the blower motor and resistor, checked power from the switch, and checked the ignition. Everything is good but still intermittent power. The problem I found out later was actually just the Blower Motor Relay. When the blower was not working, I wiggled and pushed the relay and the blower turned on. I have put in a new relay, tried constant pressure, and cleaned vigorously with electrical cleaner. I also tried tightening the connection on the female end with some tin foil. Unfortunately, the problem persists.

If anyone has some advice here I would greatly appreciate it. The only logical next step I can conclude is to buy a new fuse box (where the relay resides).

Thanks,

Devin C.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ram calls the fuse box "Totally Integrated Power Module" (TIPM) and it's not just a simple fuse box. That makes it somewhat expensive so before going that route have a look at all the connectors going into it, and if you feel comfortable open up the TIPM (plenty of videos on youtube). I think your area uses road salt so there is possibility of "green crusties" developing somewhere.

You can also splice in an external relay if that is within your capabilities. It's frequently done with TIPMs where one of the internal relays has failed.

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fought this issue last summer. Replaced fuse, relay and blower motor. It was towards the end of summer and that seemed to fix it. Then this morning I get in my truck to go home and no air blowing. Rage.

The first damn Google search result was this video from 3 years ago: https://youtu.be/Yoz78FKnVZE

I don't know why I couldn't find it last year, but I went outside to check before going to work and this is exactly my problem. Tightened up the connector with a pick and drove to work with AC.

Here is what mine looks like right now. I have time at work tonight so I'm going to search for part numbers and order a new whatever that green thing is called.

I'm also going to post this YouTube link on a few other blower motor threads because when I was having the problem last year I didn't see anyone else post it.

Attachments

• 20230615_164353.jpg
    20230615_164353.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 25

Dave0110

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fought this issue last summer. Replaced fuse, relay and blower motor. It was towards the end of summer and that seemed to fix it. Then this morning I get in my truck to go home and no air blowing. Rage.

The first damn Google search result was this video from 3 years ago: https://youtu.be/Yoz78FKnVZE

I don't know why I couldn't find it last year, but I went outside to check before going to work and this is exactly my problem. Tightened up the connector with a pick and drove to work with AC.

Here is what mine looks like right now. I have time at work tonight so I'm going to search for part numbers and order a new whatever that green thing is called.

I'm also going to post this YouTube link on a few other blower motor threads because when I was having the problem last year I didn't see anyone else post it.
Thanks for posting. Just fixed same issue

Attachments

• 20230630_160938.jpg
    20230630_160938.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 8

JmGuTe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like others said its a money making scheme by the manufacture. I just bought my truck and the seller said the wipers weren't working and it was the motor. Me being one to not fire the parts cannon at things did my reseach and drilled it down to the TIPM as well. Cause whats better charging 400 dollars for something or 5 bucks. Ya'll know the answer the manufacture is going to go with.

Stp2001

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 longhorn 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thank you for posting this. i had the same problem. now i am good to go! i almost bought a new blower motor.