Carven Competitor muffler install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBetty2017

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I pulled the trigger on the Carven Competitor and love the sound. Instead of installing this myself, I decided to take it to a local shop for a few reasons (weather and back issues primarily).

The install was fast and and they did a good job lining up the tips. When I commented that it was a pretty easy install, the head mechanic mentioned that they had to grind off a tab/nipple on the stock exhaust so the new muffler would fit properly. I have watched some videos of installs and I don't remember anything about people having to use a grinder. This was kind of a red flag for me. I am not sure if they just botched a bolt-on install and I can expect an exhaust leak in the future or if he was BSing me to justify their labor rate. I had called ahead of time and they gave me a 1 hr labor rate quote... when I took it in and they looked at it, it turned into a little over an hour labor rate quote.

Clearly not the end of the world but just wondering what the community thinks about my install experience.