Cat-Back Exhaust or headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eduardo23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would start with the headers, but I wouldn't go for the chrome headers personally, it's to difficult to keep them looking nice in my opinion. They're in the engine bay and unless it is going to be show vehicle, go with ceramic coated, they'll greatly reduce the underhood temperatures. While I don't have them on my truck yet, in my research, BBK is the only one I've found that makes good, tuned shorties.

https://www.americantrucks.com/ram-...horty Headers&TA$278=Ceramic Coated&Brand=BBK

For a cat-back exhaust, I'd go with Dynomax, they're the performance division of Walker, the OE manufacturer of the stock exhaust.

https://www.dynomax.com/exhaust-systems/?find=2006-dodge-ram-1500-49405

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Headers are more important off the bat. I have swapped the catback on my truck but I’m not tuned so I’m not swapping headers yet. If I do anything else to my truck I’m pretty sure I’ll run lean. I’m installing a wideband here soon for better tuning since I’ve done everything on the intake side already including a new manifold... pretty sure I’m pushing the stock tune farther than I should be but...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have those BBK shorties on my 03, off topic to which to get, but they are a bit of a pain for install, getting torque on them is difficult but can be done. Otherwise they bolt directly to the stock flanges. Many will tell you to go Long tubes though and it all really depends what you are trying to accomplish