DASH CAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Last edited:

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is what I just installed last night: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01M26N...liid=I2ZL3QJF7B7ZLQ&colid=3U0Y0WYHTRCZG&psc=0

I can't say too much about it yet, but it does record in 1080 HD and has the wifi option. The wifi seems like it will be a nice feature, because I connected my phone to it with an app and I can download the recorded files straight to my phone. I can also adjust the settings to the camera, take pictures using it, and view a live stream all through my phone app. Took me about 10 minutes to line it up and install it. I still need to hard wire into my truck.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I'm curious how the cam works out. I like cheap/affordable options

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put the SD card in at lunch and it immediately started recording. I'll try and download a file of my trip home after work and see if I can get it uploaded to this thread to see what it looks like. So far, from the store, back to work, everything was working just fine.

16Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a yi dashcam from Amazon. It was $50 and it seems to work well. It has WiFi and some driver assists. So far it has good night picture, and a good sight line which covers 3 lanes of travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tried to upload a video from my cam, but it doesn't seem to work from my phone. I don't have any other accounts to upload it. I can say that the video is crystal clear and it does a great job. It will record sound, but I have that option turned off.

A small, 16 sec clip is about 25MB for the file size. A lot of the clips are different sizes, so I'm guessing they are determined by surrounding areas, length of the clip, and how much data is recorded.

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
one thing to note guys...as I've had a cheap dash cam for many years now. first, if you get the suction cup style to hold onto your windshield in the winter it will fall off. I would highly recommend getting the adapter to attach to your rear view mirror arm. second, there's no need to spend a lot of money on these... a $40.00 works just fine.