Dash lights flicker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone deal with dash lights flicker/strobe? Mine does it periodically. Just the analog portion . I run my illumination at it's lowest setting and it's very pronounced when it happens. If I turn the illumination up some, the flickering stops. It's been doing it for some time now but it's random so hard to pin point an intermittent problem.

Sean Taylor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Exact same problem here. I would love to resolve it.

RAMagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having a similar issue ‘13 Sport R/T, in my case only the computer display in the dash is flickering not the gauges or any other lights (the brightness is flickering not actually going on & off). Been going on for several months and does it day or night, regardless of headlights on/off, with dimmer setting in any position, even when key is out of ignition.
Battery is a year old, haven’t checked the alternator... is the old way of checking an alternator (unhooking the battery while the truck is running) ok to do and a viable alternator check on a gen 4?