Diesel vs Gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Look guys hes up! Well, well. I didnt mention any names. Whats this troll talk. Did you think i was referring to you? Guilty conscience. See what I mean guys.......repeat, repeat, repeat. Im not discussing this with you anymore. Ive stated my opinion and thats exactly what it is. We are entitled to one.

Yes, hot and bothered. Why else would even bring up diesel drivers not using their trucks for their intended purpose if it didn't ruffle your feathers. If you didn't care then you would not have purposely gone out of you way to bring it up?

I also think you need to go and look up the definition of a troll. Just because someone debates you or has a difference of opinion on things does not mean they are a troll. This is a forum and debating facts, opinion, or point of views is what goes on in forums. Do you call everyone you meet that does not agree with everything you say a troll? If so then you sound like a liberal.

Seriously, you shouldn't get so fluffed up over people owning diesels. As I said earlier "Everyone has their own reasons why they bought what they did, and not everyone's reasons are the same." You shouldn't get mad just because someone doesn't buy their truck for the same reasons you bought yours or because they bought something that you don't see as practical for them.

Although I think there is more to it than that because I have seen people post in these forums that have or want to buy a 6.4L yet they say they will only be towing a 6,000 lb boat or will not even be towing at all. I don't see you jumping all over those guys for not buying something that is "practical" for their needs yet you gripe about Cummins owners doing it? That is some of that double standard I was talking about in that last thread. The same thing goes with the 30 mph "feature". I have seen people on here grip about torque management on diesels as a reason not to buy a Cummins even though its intended purpose is to save the driveline yet they will turn right around and call the 30 mph programming on the 6.4L a "feature" and praise Ram putting it there because it helps them save their driveline.

So chilax and stop worrying so much about how people..... let me rephrase that because it is not everyone, just diesel owners......how diesel owners use their truck.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Look guys hes up!

Actually I have been up for a while and seen your post earlier this morning, but feeding my cattle and going to church was more important than responding to a post.

Well, well. I didnt mention any names. Whats this troll talk. Did you think i was referring to you? Guilty conscience.

LOL! Too funny. You got all fluffed up and questioned my "Hot and bothered?" comment right before you said "I honestly have not seen a bigger troll on the internet than you." Who else in this thread said you were "hot and bothered" for you to make that response to? No one. Who else in this forum do you constantly call a troll? No one, so don't think I don't know who you were making that post towards. Do you want me to link all the times you called me a troll?

Ive stated my opinion and thats exactly what it is. We are entitled to one.

Yes, you did state you opinion which you are entitled to one as I said earlier. Just as others are allowed to take that opinion and flush it down the toilet because they don't like being told what kind of truck they should or shouldn't buy based on what other people think they "need".

Last edited:

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, hot and bothered. Why else would even bring up diesel drivers not using their trucks for their intended purpose if it didn't ruffle your feathers.

I also think you need to go and look up the definition of a troll.

You admit to being a troll in your second sentence, then accuse him of not knowing what a Troll is?

Bahahaha!

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
You admit to being a troll in your second sentence, then accuse him of not knowing what a Troll is?

Bahahaha!

I admitted to being a troll in my second sentence? Where? I admitted I knew who he referring to in his statement, but as I said above what he thinks is a troll is not a troll by its definition. As we have seen in his previous posts, just because CC says something does not mean it is true just as your "It isn't about the type of fuel, but the forced induction" comment wasn't true referring to why diesels have such big gains with just tuners like 1500ram12 said. So yes I was admitting I know who he was referring to, but I did not say anything about admitting to being a troll like you stated. And you said I have poor comprehension skills?

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your only reason to respond in the original post was to cause dischord and ruffle feathers. And continue to do the same here. You are the only one who doesn't see it.

Definition of Troll.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Your only reason to respond in the original post was to cause dischord and ruffle feathers. And continue to do the same here. You are the only one who doesn't see it.

Definition of Troll.

Really?

So how is my first post in here a trolling post? Here read it and tell me....

Although this is more of a "why I chose a ____ versus _____" thread instead of diesel versus gas thread as the title implies. That kind of thread would be an all out war with me against just about everyone else here it seems. Which is okay because that is just how I like it.

Here is my take on it as I have stated many times before. I chose what I chose because I wanted it. Pure and simple. Do I "need" a diesel? No, the 6.4L would probably do 99% of I need it to do albeit in a different manner that I do not like. Everyone has their own reasons why they bought what they did, and not everyone's reasons are the same. Neither is what everyone looks for in a truck. To say the 6.4L is the end all be all engine for everyone is just as false as saying the Cummins is the end all be all engine for everyone. However, I wanted a Cummins over the 6.4L or the 5.7L and don't really feel the need to justify why by pointing out the negatives of the other.

Where in that is trolling?

Yet you didn't call this trolling....

I heard if you are from Texas and especially the Southern part and you drive a gasser you are considered a
:homoswitch::homoswitch::supergay::supergay::idiot::idiot::**** Eater::gayflag::gayflag::****::****::untitled::untitled::gayfight::gayfight::chair::chair::wtg::killer::killer:

That is clearly posting off topic in order to get a response yet you or CC didn't say anything there...... Oh wait that's right. He is a fellow 6.4L owner so he gets a pass. Did I ***** and call Skrap a troll? No because I don't complain or care about such things.

Go back and read every one of my posts in this thread very carefully and tell me which ones you think you consider trolling and we can discuss why you think so. Not one of them were purposely posted to **** people off for my entertainment besides the posts that I was returning that jabs or "ball busting" that others posted towards me. You are reading what you want to read out of my words and if your mind is looking for something negative then you will find it to fit you already predetermined mindset. So tell me which one of posts in here is trolling like you stated.

Last edited:

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How dare you say the "C" word is a smarter decision over a 6.4L in any situation. It is 6.4 or nothing because you don't "need" a Cummins. Your opinion and what you think doesn't matter. Do that again mister and you are out of the He-man Cummins Haters Club. :roflsquared:

First post that triggered everything.

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Because every hd thread turns into a gas vs diesel battle I'll setup the octagon ring to go old school mma style battle on why YOU think one is better than the other. And YOUR choice for driving either.

It's a "both" thread.

So southtexan this is your battle ground to run free, say what you will, no one gets butt hurt because it went off topic, you vs the world thread. I will not always defend gassers and will not always defend diesels. I believe gassersarenrdead (ironic name choice for his position) will be on your side.

These triggered it

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
First post that triggered everything.

That wasn't even in this thread, but okay let's start with that.

I said that as a joke in response to this....

Don't need a cummins to tow a car or pickup.

which you said in response to this....

I wouldn't think that would be the way to go at all!?! Seems like that tow company was trying to save some upfront money. Vehicle like that I would think the Cummins would be smartest decision.

All because you got mad because in someone else's opinion they thought a Cummins would have been a smarter decision.

So yeah, I posted what I did because I was basically told the very same thing by you guys(in your own way) every time I even said the word diesel or Cummins in a thread that was talking about the 6.4L. So does that mean that those other threads where you guys say I started it for just mentioning a diesel or a Cummins that it was actually the person who jumped me for mentioning a diesel or a Cummins fault? If that is the case then you guys blamed me wrong for many posts going by what you say here. Oh, but wait, that's right 68PowerWagon gets a pass because he is a fellow 6.4L owner. Dang that double standard gets me every time.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That wasn't even in this thread, but okay let's start with that.

I said that as a joke in response to this....

which you said in response to this....

All because you got mad because in someone else's opinion they thought a Cummins would have been a smarter decision.

I was never mad. I stated a fact. Prove my statement false.

If anything, you took exception to my statement of a fact.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
It's not a double standard, it's nobody likes you....

I wouldn't say nobody. Judging by the private messages I have gotten in the past about all this hostility from you guys I would say that there is at least one person out there in this forum that likes me. :) Not going to name names though.

Although, the not liking is why there are double standards. Since you view me negatively then you will view whatever I say as negative. Vice versa for someone you like. Basically I can say the same exact thing that someone you like says and you will automatically perceive it as negative when I say it even though you wouldn't from the person you liked said it. It's true and I have tested it out awhile back. I believe it was in the 6.4 vs 5.7. I took what another poster said verbatim and got flamed for it yet you guys didn't jump your buddy when he said it. I got a good laugh about it.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Really?

So how is my first post in here a trolling post? Here read it and tell me....

Where in that is trolling?

Yet you didn't call this trolling....

That is clearly posting off topic in order to get a response yet you or CC didn't say anything there...... Oh wait that's right. He is a fellow 6.4L owner so he gets a pass. Did I ***** and call Skrap a troll? No because I don't complain or care about such things.

Go back and read every one of my posts in this thread very carefully and tell me which ones you think you consider trolling and we can discuss why you think so. Not one of them were purposely posted to **** people off for my entertainment besides the posts that I was returning that jabs or "ball busting" that others posted towards me. You are reading what you want to read out of my words and if your mind is looking for something negative then you will find it to fit you already predetermined mindset. So tell me which one of posts in here is trolling like you stated.

Don't quote that Skrap guy. He seems like a homophobic troll. Look at the offensive emojis he posted that were not even on topic. :homoswitch:

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
I was never mad. I stated a fact. Prove my statement false.

If anything, you took exception to my statement of a fact.

Right, if you don't want to admit that you were the least bit tickled about 68powerwagon's statement even though the statement made you respond then by all means keep floating down De Nile.

Also, I never said anything about your statement being false or fact. I just said his opinion got you froggy enough to leap like you usually do when someone insinuates or has an opinion that the Cummins is a better engine option.

And if it was me that said it then you go all.... :sparta: and start liking every post against whatever I say and coming at me like an Asian spider monkey.

Which is okay because I am usually like....:laughing1: when it happens.

Last edited:

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You know there is an easy way to settle the troll controversy. We could have a "troll poll". I'm sure tex doesn't have the balls to be a part of it though. Everybody including himself knows who the real trolll is

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Don't quote that Skrap guy. He seems like a homophobic troll. Look at the offensive emojis he posted that were not even on topic. :homoswitch:

It's okay Skrap. I don't scream "troll" in every other thread. I found it quite hilarious though.

Although, I will say that what you said is true with certain people I know. Those are the "everyone should drive a diesel or nothing in an HD" types that I don't agree with just as I don't with the "everyone should drive a gasser or nothing" types.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also, I never said anything about your statement being false or fact.

Is my statement true, can a Ram 4500 upfitted like that tow anything its rated to tow with a 6.4 hemi powerplant?

Also, I searched every post made by ib516 from his first until mid April 2015 and read a majority of any thread he posted in that might contain a possible 6.4 "feature" kicking in at low altitude. Nothing was found. Some talk of the Ike Gauntlet, and even a claim by another memeber that nobody else has actually encountered the "feature" outside of the Ike. Maybe I am the only one. I will send him a PM to see if he has read anything of it happening at 1400' as you claim.

I like posts that I like. Go figure.

Last edited:

6.4 dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I'm looking forward to next ram overhaul. The 6.4 will surely get a nice bump in hp/torque and a heavy duty 8 speed would be interesting....