Differences between Jay Green and Hemifever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't see what the big deal is. It's a market and competition is good. They both are probably driving each other to design better tunes. Talk to both, see which personality you would prefer to deal with, and go with that. It's like buying from car dealership, if both offer the same deal... you go to the dealer you liked better.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are never going to get a 100% yes or no as to who is best.

the 100% answer is the one that the consumer is happy with... It's as simple as that

But on another note, you could put the same tune from same tuner on 2 trucks that are exactly the same and they will still be different even when both are running the same exact tune....

These type of debates crack me up on how everyone goes back and forth (really hasn't happened in this thread though) but there are so many variables in what gets one vehicle faster than the other when it comes to track times.... Tires, Air pressure, relative humidity, fuel octane, fuel quality , track temp, air temp, track prep, etc etc ETC...

I'm happy with my Hemifever tunes, haven't had much dealing with Sean yet since I'm kinda holding back till I get a few more things done and don't want to waste his time writing and rewriting tunes for every thing I do... once I have it set up I will be bugging him more... But for now I will be running his basic 91oct tune which is just fine for me on the street till I get more supporting mods to map and set tuning to.

K thats my .02...... well maybe that was more like .04

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
my 2 cents .I've had both. ther was one thing i didnt like with the hemi fever tune and im not gonna bash him thats childish. i switched to Jay,s tune it did seem stronger to me on my first truck so i stayed with him on my second and he has answered every question I've had within an hour and on any forum that ive asked a question even if it wasnt directed at him I've even talked to him on the phone before so we wouldn't have long ass emails. to me Jay,s customer service has been top notch and i will not switch . everybody will have different opinions on everything good or bad it's just way it is .

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
seems the thread may actually have a chance of keeping civil.........hope so! I have seen a few comments I agree with but to save drawing lines or sides I haven't "liked" any of them.

For the record, I have given my hard earned money to both tuners and one of if not the favorite forum vendor and I have NOTHING but good things to say about ALL of them. I have been given outstanding customer service and even better customer support after purchase.................from all 3!

I've ran both tuners but on different trucks, Sean's on my '12 and Jay's on my '14. As stated before, most won't be able to tell a definitive difference on a daily driven truck, they both know what they are doing. Trucks were identical mechanically with the exception of one being a 6 speed, the other the 8 speed so I cannot give an apples to apples review but I was very happy how both trucks ran.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
You still wont get a good answer out of that. If you want to check timeslips, then Hemifever has more record setting fast trucks. But then the Jay supporters say its only because Hemifever's customers are more dedicated to track times and because Hemifever is tuning more trucks than anyone else.

At the end of the day, not every truck is going to run faster with 1 tuner than the other. Some guys will prefer Hemifever while others prefer Jay. You are never going to get a 100% yes or no as to who is best.

agreed, and when it comes down that close, I chose morality.

Its like choosing who to live with your wife, or mother-in-law...both are women. But which one do you "connect" more with.
:naughty:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
agreed, and when it comes down that close, I chose morality.

Its like choosing who to live with your wife, or mother-in-law...both are women. But which one do you "connect" more with.
:naughty:

Not to mention you can't (shouldn't) bang your mother-in-law! :roflsquared:

Edit: Though I once had a mother-in-law who was bang-able. :puke:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
LOL@David :D

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I prefer Livernois Motorsports out of Motown but then they do not work on any 5000+ plus trucks so there's that lol. This will raise a flap but unless you are running under 10.00 in the 1/4 why waste the petrol.

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know nothing about the previous debates (look at join date). But I am familiar with an individual becoming upset over a smaller based company not being there asap and even not answering emails for weeks. Sometimes it just happens, even to the best customer service companies they still have unhappy people who had bad experiences, I see it in my home theater hobby all the time. Small ID companies with exceptional speakers/subs at great prices don't answer phone calls or emails for a week or more. Some people need babied more than others too and expect the world to revolve around them.

I bought the Trinity from Matt and Sean emailed me within an hour. Being extremely new I must have had 5-6 emails conversations with him so far with a couple going 10-14 emails back and forth. Sometimes he answered immediately and sometime not a for a day or two. I certainly don't expect immediate answers or even same day, I know it's not realistic for one man to do so. But as a noob I can say I am very happy with Hemifever tune performance wise and customer service. I am sure many feel the same about the other options.

Remember some guys buy Fords and Chevy's

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I know nothing about the previous debates (look at join date). But I am familiar with an individual becoming upset over a smaller based company not being there asap and even not answering emails for weeks. Sometimes it just happens, even to the best customer service companies they still have unhappy people who had bad experiences, I see it in my home theater hobby all the time. Small ID companies with exceptional speakers/subs at great prices don't answer phone calls or emails for a week or more. Some people need babied more than others too and expect the world to revolve around them.

I bought the Trinity from Matt and Sean emailed me within an hour. Being extremely new I must have had 5-6 emails conversations with him so far with a couple going 10-14 emails back and forth. Sometimes he answered immediately and sometime not a for a day or two. I certainly don't expect immediate answers or even same day, I know it's not realistic for one man to do so. But as a noob I can say I am very happy with Hemifever tune performance wise and customer service. I am sure many feel the same about the other options.

Remember some guys buy Fords and Chevy's

Ford is a joke

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ford is a joke

Easy now, don't want to hurt anyone's feeling :roflsquared:

My first truck ever when I was 19 was a RCSB five speed 98 F150. K&N, gibson exhaust, performance plugs, wires with the Triton 4.6 on some 18" Enkei rims with Falken proxes, billet grill, fiberglass tonoeu cover. I thought it was the ******* lol!

Glad to be part of the Hemi family these days :)

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This can do some justice

My truck is Hemifever Tuned CAI, Catchcan, 180 Stat and e-fan Mod
My friends R/T is Jay Greene Tuned CAI, Catchcan, 180 Stat, e-fan Mod, Carven Exhaust and cats removed

th_Hemifever%20v%20Greene.jpg

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have both tunes now and they are both outstanding tunes. Both run very well, I can't say which is better because I haven't done the proper testing but both feel strong. They both respond quickly and will adjust things if you desire. I've been very happy with both. I first had HF's tunes and went with a Greene tune just because I hadn't done anything to the truck for a while and said why not.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't run either tuner. I will say I have talked to jay over text and talked to in person. He is a pretty cool guy and is very knowledgable. I had some bad juju with Sean on my old magnum setup, but I won't go into details.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Does nobody put their trucks on a Dyno around here?

A dyno is a tuning tool only. I can get a dyno to read 5 different numbers let alone taking the same truck to different types of dynos.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
And I've lost count of the number of trucks that have lost their transmissions while trying to get numbers on a dyno. The track is where its at. Its more fun, and its more accurate.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^ and his time slips keep him smiling!!!!:naughty:
Jay