Differences between Jay Green and Hemifever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well to me it's business. I left superchips for bully dog, and bully dog for diablo. I have the Hemifever tune now and it's good but I have gone as far as I can with him. He said there is nothing else he can do, to just enjoy the tune. So now I'm going to give Jay a shot. None of us shop for aftermarket parts from 1 vendor. We find the best prices for the best product. There should never be any hard fillings about competition, when your force companies or venders to compete for your business you normally get a better product and price, it's nothing personal.

I agree with shopping...however when Hemifever tells me ( should be after this next set of logs) that that's all there is, I will accept that. If I want more Ill have to step up the build and have the tune adjusted for whatever I do to upgrade. Thats would mean a cam/ headwork etc. not a different intake or a TB.

I'm sure I could pay someone to make me a "race tune" but that would probably nescesitate race fuel etc. and I save that for my 08 charger.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I agree with shopping...however when Hemifever tells me ( should be after this next set of logs) that that's all there is, I will accept that. If I want more Ill have to step up the build and have the tune adjusted for whatever I do to upgrade. Thats would mean a cam/ headwork etc. not a different intake or a TB.

I'm sure I could pay someone to make me a "race tune" but that would probably nescesitate race fuel etc. and I save that for my 08 charger.

Sean will send you a 93 octane race tune for free as well if you ask for it ;)

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jay Greene for me. I wasn't happy at all with Hemifever's customer service.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recorded a log for my ram last night. I emailed it to Sean at 707 pm
He emailed me back at 640 am. Having worked with a handful of other tuners, Im extremely satisfied with the service I have recieved form Sean.
I'm all set..for now ...Im trying to contain myself and stay out of the motor....we will see...

If you don't mind maybe you'd elaborate on why you were not satified.

Last edited:

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sean will send you a 93 octane race tune for free as well if you ask for it ;)

You just had to tell me that didnt you....Sean already told me if I drop the spare and tailgate, remove the 30 lbs of junk and run 1/8 vice 3/4 tank of gas Ill run 13.9 ( I ran a14.1, on an whim) and if I remove the clutch fan ..13.8.

So now you add to that a race tune, with 104 octane...well 13.7....and over100 MPH yeahhaaa!

well then a ported TB helps, right, but probably aught to go ahead and get a cam and thats no help without a TC,and while the heads are of I migh just as well ship em to MMPG for some magic and long tube headers and dam even before that I'll need a LSD rear gear.

I'm trying to moderate my mod addiction with my ram, or at least slow it down......Im insane with my charger.

You, your one of them there:

ENABLERS!

You should change your website to THE RAM ENABLERS

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Haha that just reminded ne of "Analyze This/ Analyze That" movies.
Dinero "you!! You're good you!! No, no, you're good!"
"Jelly!! Go get the car."
Love those movies haha.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
When i was tuned by sean my truck felt like it had a broken motor mount everytime it downshifted. I asked matt and sean about it. They said its just because you have no trq mgnt you'll be ok. On jays tune it shifts quick but smooth. If thats the kind of customer service you want then have at it.

Also a guy local to me that i just talked to for the first time copied matts setup except for the heads. So he said sean sent him about 5 tune updates but his afr was all over the place and the truck kept stalling out. Sean told him it was either bad injectors or bad fuel pump. I hooked him up with jay and what do you know the truck runs perfect now. I find it funny that jay can tune a moes cam better than sean can. Actually i expected it :)

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
When i was tuned by sean my truck felt like it had a broken motor mount everytime it downshifted. I asked matt and sean about it. They said its just because you have no trq mgnt you'll be ok. On jays tune it shifts quick but smooth. If thats the kind of customer service you want then have at it.

Also a guy local to me that i just talked to for the first time copied matts setup except for the heads. So he said sean sent him about 5 tune updates but his afr was all over the place and the truck kept stalling out. Sean told him it was either bad injectors or bad fuel pump. I hooked him up with jay and what do you know the truck runs perfect now. I find it funny that jay can tune a moes cam better than sean can. Actually i expected it :)

:suicide:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
James, why did your attitude towards Sean and I do a 180? He and I have done nothing but try help you over the past couple years. Once Sean started tuning you again a few months ago, your truck ran faster than it had ever run before. You went from a truck that was lucky to see 13.1s to consistent 12.8-12.9s. Like I told you before, there is nothing wrong with you wanting to use another cam or tuner, but why does that mean your attitude has to go from being someone that I thought was a friend to just someone that does nothing but talk down the people who were trying to help you?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I wasnt really trying to defend Sean from a tuning aspect in that post. I have tried to be more laid back about all the fighting. I just donk like how 1 week James is acting like a friend, and then the next, I'm an enemy simply because he's using your tune instead of Sean. I never gave him a hard time for running your cam over mine or your tuning over Seans. Everybody is free to use whatever parts and tuning they want...nothing wrong with that. But because someone runs my parts and Sean's tune doesnt mean they have to have some kind of hate towards you or vice versa.

Everyone run what you like, and go kick some ass at the track. No 1 tuner, or cam, or tq converter, or gear combo, or header setup is going to show the best results on every single truck. That doesnt mean its OK to bad mouth the other companies though simply because you no longer run their part/tuning.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
James, why did your attitude towards Sean and I do a 180? He and I have done nothing but try help you over the past couple years. Once Sean started tuning you again a few months ago, your truck ran faster than it had ever run before. You went from a truck that was lucky to see 13.1s to consistent 12.8-12.9s. Like I told you before, there is nothing wrong with you wanting to use another cam or tuner, but why does that mean your attitude has to go from being someone that I thought was a friend to just someone that does nothing but talk down the people who were trying to help you?

I have no problem with you except for when youre defending sean. Yes i set the bolt on record with seans tuning but i set the record even further with just a cam. It was also done with timing pulled at the shifts because its a 2014. Sean worked around that in a way im not comfortable with. Now i have that fixed with hp tuners the legit way. If your cams and seans tuning was so great then why did travis run 12.8-1.9 and robert run 13.1?

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I wasnt really trying to defend Sean from a tuning aspect in that post. I have tried to be more laid back about all the fighting. I just donk like how 1 week James is acting like a friend, and then the next, I'm an enemy simply because he's using your tune instead of Sean. I never gave him a hard time for running your cam over mine or your tuning over Seans. Everybody is free to use whatever parts and tuning they want...nothing wrong with that. But because someone runs my parts and Sean's tune doesnt mean they have to have some kind of hate towards you or vice versa.

Everyone run what you like, and go kick some ass at the track. No 1 tuner, or cam, or tq converter, or gear combo, or header setup is going to show the best results on every single truck. That doesnt mean its OK to bad mouth the other companies though simply because you no longer run their part/tuning.

You know what you did to set me off...its not badmouthing when its true situations.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I have no problem with you except for when youre defending sean. Yes i set the bolt on record with seans tuning but i set the record even further with just a cam. It was also done with timing pulled at the shifts because its a 2014. Sean worked around that in a way im not comfortable with. Now i have that fixed with hp tuners the legit way. If your cams and seans tuning was so great then why did travis run 12.8-1.9 and robert run 13.1?

What did Sean do to you all the sudden that has you so upset? You were thrilled with how fast your truck was running 2 months ago.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
What did Sean do to you all the sudden that has you so upset? You were thrilled with how fast your truck was running 2 months ago.

4-5 months ago you mean. Him telling me my truck was ok when it sounded like something broke everytime it downshifted during normal driving. Then finding out what he was really doing to make it not pull timing on shifts. I cant trust him. Fortunately for him you are the face of hemifever tuning. He is just the trickster behind the curtain. I always here the same story from people about their experience with sean. Once they went to jay they never looked back.

Then with thads and kyles trucks afr going from 11-16 during wot. Then you and sean told thad it was ok because yours does that. Then he tells kyle his wideband is bad. So he buys a new one...same readings. So then he says the injectors and fuel pump is bad. Why anyone would trust him is beyond me.

Last edited:

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ive actually used both of their street tunes and race tunes. I could give a unbiased review of both but it wouldnt do anything. Honestly for the avg driver it doesnt matter which one you run.

4-5 months ago you mean. Him telling me my truck was ok when it sounded like something broke everytime it downshifted during normal driving. Then finding out what he was really doing to make it not pull timing on shifts. I cant trust him. Fortunately for him you are the face of hemifever tuning. He is just the trickster behind the curtain. I always here the same story from people about their experience with sean. Once they went to jay they never looked back.

Then with thads and kyles trucks afr going from 11-16 during wot. Then you and sean told thad it was ok because yours does that. Then he tells kyle his wideband is bad. So he buys a new one...same readings. So then he says the injectors and fuel pump is bad. Why anyone would trust him is beyond me.

How can you say you are unbiased after that??

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
No kidding, he states

Yet he defends jay, yet may be two faced to Matt...hmmmm.
I think most can see right through it.

There is no two faced. Me and matt stopped talking a long time ago. Matt made it sound like we talked on the phone yesterday and today im stabbing him in the back. That is not the case. A lot of stuff goes on that never gets talked about on the forum.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My personal experience is the same as everyones i talk to. When they bring up a issue he brushes it off or blames it on the customers truck.

Dictionary.com states bias means this: a particular tendency, trend, inclination, feeling, or opinion.

I'd say you have quite an opinion regarding Sean and Hemifever. Which is fine, but this isn't yelp so take your disgruntled business reviews elsewhere. This thread was doing a great job at staying civil until you started attacking.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Well , then maybe its best not too. Like previously mentioned, people can choose a tune, people can chose a tuner, people can chose a friend....we all have choices to make.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93