disable auto park, can it be done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fireflymedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I truly wish everyone would have stayed on subject. I did a search to find a way to shut off autopark, this post was exact match. Had to read 10 pages of crap to find answer is no.

This is why people would rather ask a question rather than do a search for answers.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I truly wish everyone would have stayed on subject. I did a search to find a way to shut off autopark, this post was exact match. Had to read 10 pages of crap to find answer is no.

This is why people would rather ask a question rather than do a search for answers.
The answer is yes. I posted the solution a few pages back- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/disable-auto-park-can-it-be-done.120056/page-8#post-1761120
New link- https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Seat-Be...words=Seatbelt+extender&qid=1570644682&sr=8-6

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Or if you just rest you left foot on the brake so it knows you are in the truck it will back up door open seat belt off

fireflymedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6

Or if you just rest you left foot on the brake so it knows you are in the truck it will back up door open seat belt off

Thanks I was hoping for a way to shut off option not fool it. Brake pedal is nice to know. It's most aggravating when door is unknowingly ajar and you think your truck is broken because it won't go into gear

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I’ll be damned, that works. But I think I’d rather just put my seatbelt on either over me or behind me instead of holding my foot on the brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Everything is standard in an S Class. My dads 80's one had power up and down head rests. You may be right on the standard equipment thing there, but GM is probably pretty close with cadillacs. Regardless I'm all for Seatbelts, abs because it can cycle brakes better than even the best drivers F1 aside as well as airbags and even heated mirrors, but there's a limit to what's safety and what's catering to the people who just shouldn't be allowed to drive. I don't see how car manufacturers will be able to survive once cars self drive and every accident becomes their fault.
Nah !!! They will blame it on texting HAHAHA !! :gayfight:

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wait a gosh darned minute a bunch of you people ***** about the dial shifter and how you are always Turing the radio down instead of putting it in park or are putting in in park on the highway and killing yourself (because there are no safety features in that stupid dial....sarcasm lol)when you want to turn the radio down, but now when they implement a feature that takes care of you when you turn the radio down instead of putting it in park you ***** about that too.

FYI this whole post is sarcasm. Why do some of you guys have to get so damn rude to other memebers, we are all here to enjoy our trucks, learn, and have a good time.

Fun fact when I’m putting tire shine on my tires I pull forward or back up some and while I’m doing that I open the door and lean out so I can see when the uncoated area is at the top - can’t do that with the back up camera or without screwing up your mirror adjustment.
:driver:That''s why my tire shine won't stick... gotta be on top...:emotions122: But seriously I agree.. :pepper:

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just found out about the autopark feature. Hate it. absolutely hate it. I've only had my truck a week too. I was throwing hay on my trailer and stepped in with half a cheek on the seat to
pull up a few feet to grab more bales and just about busted my nose on the door pillar when it shoved itself in park. Took me a bit to figure out. Made the rest of my evening a pain in the ass to get completely in the truck and shut the door to pull up 20' at a time the rest of the evening. Protect us they say. All this stuff does is make us more complacent.
The answer to this story is Dodge trucks are not meant to haul hay on farms only fords...:chair:

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anton Yelchin and his family probably wish his Grand Cherokee had auto park! Unfortunately manufacturers have to engineer to the least intelligent/most likely to sue factor. We are becoming a society of idiots with no social skills and massive carpal tunnel from playing games and texting all the time. Manufacturers do things like this to protect themselves from US! lol
What he said !!!!:happy160:

Pretendingtowork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I've been backing my 48' flatbed for years only using mirrors, I back my 53' box trailer with only the mirrors as well.

I stand by my statement that anyone that has to open the door to back up a pickup with or without a trailer is an idiot.

Hey dumb f*k. Maybe your door gets busted off and you need to drive a friend to the hospital who's having a heart attack but your f*cking truck won't start because of this stupid feature.

Just wait till some lawsuits start happening. I don't want this bullsh*t f*cking 1984 Big Brother sh*t on my truck.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey dumb f*k. Maybe your door gets busted off and you need to drive a friend to the hospital who's having a heart attack but your f*cking truck won't start because of this stupid feature.

Just wait till some lawsuits start happening. I don't want this bullsh*t f*cking 1984 Big Brother sh*t on my truck.

Nice first post, tell us how you really feel lol

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^^^^^^^^^ WOW, all I can say to be nice.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

That’s exactly why the auto park was brought in, because of lawsuits. Vehicles have to be engineered to the lowest iq owners, otherwise they’ll get sued. There’s already been ways discussed On how to bypass it.

In your highly unlikely scenario maybe you should call your “friend” an ambulance or get someone else to drive. You’re probably not the best choice if you managed to get a door ripped off your truck.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Instead of getting pissed off at what someone who’s probably backed up more miles than you’ve probably driven forward said, do a little research using forum search feature and you’ll find a myriad of ways around that auto park stuff instead of losing your cool to something that was said to somebody else long before you came around.

And what the hell are you talking about?? Are you saying you had to drive a friend to the hospital with a ripped off door?? I’m confused. The truck’ll start, just not back up in reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DJ Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wish the mod would remove anyone from this forum that’s disrespectful to other members... there’s absolutely NO NEED for that! We are all supposed to be a family here, if you have something nasty to say- say it to your wife or kick your dog or something! We don’t want to hear it!

/rantdone

slinghigh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Went through a car wash and when he put in neutral and got out of truck and shut the door I had to tell him to stop the back wheels aren't turning....it had gone into park so the gentleman just sat in the truck while it went through wash with motor running....got to be a better way....

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Went through a car wash and when he put in neutral and got out of truck and shut the door I had to tell him to stop the back wheels aren't turning....it had gone into park so the gentleman just sat in the truck while it went through wash with motor running....got to be a better way....
There is....the seatbelt buckle solution that’s been posted repeatedly throughout this thread. Simple stuff.

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

That is quite possibly the funniest post I've ever seen....