Dyno Tunning Hemi's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am new to mopar/dodge/ram/ My questions is, has anyone dyno tuned their hemi? With say full intake-throttlebody and exhaust? If so, did you have good gains? I have a 6.4 hemi 2500 and i got a feeling ram left a lot untapped in there and really want to get this bad boy on a dyno and have it tuned. I just dont know what i could realistically expect. Any thoughts guys? Thanks for you're time!!! :baby:

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I believe Diablo does support the 6.4 Ram's.

once an intake is made + ported tb + exhaust + TUNER... I would GUESS you could see anywhere from a 25 - 40 WHP gains ?

these motors for sure have some room left to expand even stock with a simple tune.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Not sure anybody has modded a 6.4L yet..

But like any stock car. There's always room for improvement.

Lawhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i would say the 6.4L hemi is a HD engine and wont see as good of gains from simple bolt mods. (heavy duty) i would save your money and spend it on gas

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i would say the 6.4L hemi is a HD engine and wont see as good of gains from simple bolt mods. (heavy duty) i would save your money and spend it on gas

So you're saying they put in a different 6.4 into the ram then they did say the 300 SRT8?

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
^^^they certainly cut the power down from my SRT to the truck 6.4

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
I would be interested to see the cam spec differences...
It's prolly got a torquey cam vs a hp cam in the challenger

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
yeah the 6.4 HD is fairly different to the 6.4 SRT Engine. Prob' why you can run other octane gas with the HD vs recommended premium only with the SRT.

Last edited:

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will be taking my R/T in to a dyno to tune tomorrow. Right now I'm running a Vararam CAI, Moes 87mm TB, LT headers into high flow cats into the magna flow full cat back, 2800 stall Edge Tq converter, 180 t stat, Electric fan, and a catch can. Im running a hemifever tune right now, so i won't be able to give a true before and after for you, but will definitely let you know how it goes. All of this is for a 5.7 though, so I'm not sure it will relate to your situation really. And yes on the HD engine being different from the SRT. I talked with someone about this and they explained it to me. I can't remember any of the relevant info now, but I'm sure someone that does know here will mention the specifics.

Wishing you well on your modding. :favorites13:

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah the 6.4 HD is fairly different to the 6.4 SRT Engine. Prob' why you can run other octane gas with the HD vs recommended premium only with the SRT.

can you point me to where it says the 6.4 in the 2500 is a "HD" I've looked around a bit but can't find any mention of it being "HD"...