ECO light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Hello all! I have a '13 1500 CC Sport and I'm trying to figure out if my "ECO" light is suppose to come on in the instrument cluster.

From what I understand there's an option in the Uconnect 8.4an to turn it on or off. I went though all the settings and I can't find anything.

So this is what I'm thinking... Maybe it's only available on the Laramie?

I'm looking for y'all to chime in with whether your "ECO" light comes on (or not) and what engine & trim level you have... I'm mostly looking for '13 owners.

According to the manual there's an option to have the mirrors tilt when you put the truck in reverse too, but I don't see that option either. Again, that may be a Laramie option too. It would explain a lot and probably save me a trip to the dealer.

Thanks!

smiley87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I have a 2013 express and my eco light comes on all the time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Nburd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 13 express with uconnect 5.0 allows me to turn it on or off, built into the radio menu. I turned it off, it comes on way too much.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've seen posts here that said the mirror tilt option is on the EVIC, in the instrument cluster. My ECO light comes on all the time, never tried to turn it off.

dobeluvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it is in the evic on my 2013 tradesman with uconnect 3.0

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I am able to turn it on and off from my Uconnect 5.0 in my express. It was off by default when I bought it...

OP
OP
Kingcobra423

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Thanks guys! I'm going to check all of my fuses tonight. I made an appointment with the dealer for Wednesday. Hopefully it's a simple as re-flashing my computer if I don't find a bad or missing fuse.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry the other day when I replied to you in the EVIC thread I wasn't in my truck. Just ran out to my truck and found the setting for the Eco light. Go into settings on the uconnect screen, select display, and at the very bottom you will see an option called "Fuel saver display in cluster" and make sure thats checked. Mine was not checked from the factory. If this is checked and you still don't have the Eco light then definitely have the dealer look at it. Also keep in mind that this does not indicate when the truck is in MDS. It simply indicates when the computer deems you are driving "economically". Hope this helps!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384629632169.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384629632169.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 540
OP
OP
Kingcobra423

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Sorry the other day when I replied to you in the EVIC thread I wasn't in my truck. Just ran out to my truck and found the setting for the Eco light. Go into settings on the uconnect screen, select display, and at the very bottom you will see an option called "Fuel saver display in cluster" and make sure thats checked. Mine was not checked from the factory. If this is checked and you still don't have the Eco light then definitely have the dealer look at it. Also keep in mind that this does not indicate when the truck is in MDS. It simply indicates when the computer deems you are driving "economically". Hope this helps!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

That's perfect! I'm going to take another look at my radio settings. What transmission do you have? The dealer told me the "ECO" mode/light isn't an option when you have the 8 speed transmission and rotary shifter....

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the 6 speed with the console shifter. Just and fyi, I did just do the latest Uconnect update the other day and now that option in the picture i posted is gone. I haven't had a chance to really look through the options again but they probably just moved it...

Sent from my Galaxy S4

OP
OP
Kingcobra423

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
I have the 6 speed with the console shifter. Just and fyi, I did just do the latest Uconnect update the other day and now that option in the picture i posted is gone. I haven't had a chance to really look through the options again but they probably just moved it...

Sent from my Galaxy S4

SOB I bet ya that's it! I did the update (13.38.52) too and I went through all of the settings and I swear it's not there!

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
SOB I bet ya that's it! I did the update (13.38.52) too and I went through all of the settings and I swear it's not there!

Just ran out to my truck and checked. You're absolutely right, that option is gone. I looked all through the settings and its not there. My Eco light still comes though.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

OP
OP
Kingcobra423

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Just ran out to my truck and checked. You're absolutely right, that option is gone. I looked all through the settings and its not there. My Eco light still comes though.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Tanks! I'm going to call Uconnect up. I wonder if I can undo the update, turn the "ECO" light on, then re-install the update?

Did you have an option to have your mirrors tilt when you put your vehicle in reverse? I'm trying to figure out if that's just a Laramie option or not.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tanks! I'm going to call Uconnect up. I wonder if I can undo the update, turn the "ECO" light on, then re-install the update?

Did you have an option to have your mirrors tilt when you put your vehicle in reverse? I'm trying to figure out if that's just a Laramie option or not.

You know I was thinking about doing that myself but it may not let you go back to a previous version. I'm really interested in what they have to say about that.

Sadly, I don't have the tilt mirrors, I wish I did though. My buddy has a 13 Laramie CC and he has them on it so its definitely on the Laramies. Mine is a BigHorn and I know they weren't standard with that package. I think they might only be standard on the Sport and Laramies...

jaredb909

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Software update?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kingcobra423

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT

Uconnect opened a case for the "ECO" light issue. A rep called me yesterday but of course I missed their call. I received a followup email saying that they'd call me tomorrow. I was able to respond to the email and below is what I wrote...

"Thank you for getting back to me. My issue is that the "ECO" light is not displaying in the instrument cluster. There is supposed to be an option in the Uconnect display settings to turn this feature on/off. The feature is called "Fuel Saver Display in Cluster". This feature is what illuminates the "ECO" light in the instrument cluster just below the tachometer. I recently upgraded my radio's firmware to 13.38.52. However, once I upgraded the the firmware, the option to turn the feature on/off is no longer available. I brought the vehicle into Huntington JCDR on 11/20/13 and the technician told me the "Fuel Saver Display in Cluster" feature is not available on vehicles equipped with the TorqueFlite 8-Spd Auto 8HP45 Transmission with Rotary Shifter. Unfortunately that information is false because the option to turn the "ECO" light on/off was there before the firmware update. If there isn't a software patch currently available, I'm wondering if I can revert the firmware to a previous version, turn the "ECO" light on, and then re-install the firmware update?"

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can't wait to hear what they have to say...

Sent from my Galaxy S4

OP
OP
Kingcobra423

Kingcobra423

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Software update?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If you have either the Uconnect 8.4a or 8.4an radio, and depending on when your vehicle was manufactured there may be a firmware update for your radio. BigHorn453 posted a "How-To" in the Audio & Electronics section of the forum.

If you want to see if your vehicle is eligible for an upgrade, click the link below and enter the last 8 characters of your VIN.

https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do