Eibach vs Bilstein, my opinion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sequoia464

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just recently installed the Eibach's on my 2017 1500 - front and rear, used the stock springs on the middle location, with a daystar 1" spacer in the rear. Previously I installed TuffTruck 1211 springs in the back. I retained those.

I kept the stock front springs hoping to keep the same spring balance front to rear that I had prior to the Eibacks, for towing purposes.

At the same time I put some 275/65R20 all terrains on the truck. Prior to the tires I was very close to the expected heights, about 1/1/2" front, just a pinch over 1" in the back, maybe 1 1/4". Add right at 3/4" to all heights with the taller tires.

The truck certainly feels different, I can't say that I am sophisticated enough truck wise to even put a proper description to how it now feels but one thing that I noticed right away was reaction to speed bumps and potholes seems to be less harsh - smoother than prior. Overall, definitely a smoother, more solid feel.

I have barely driven the truck, and have not towed yet with it so I'll know more later, but it seems at this point like a very worthwhile change, for my needs anyway.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have new not installed yet bils, would you recommend installing the eibach springs on the bils over using the stock springs?
Do they make an eibach kit for the front or you have to buy shocks and springs separate?
prefer bilstein 4600 to the 5100 and eibach.