Engine issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a random thought; my son drives a tanker truck delivering fuel to convenience stores and gas stations. Another driver took a load of diesel fuel to a Walmart and proceeded to dump the diesel fuel into the gasoline tanks. You can only imagine the kind of damage that would cause. Driver was talking on his cell phone to his girlfriend, not paying attention to what he was doing.
I've worked quite a few of these scenarios as well. The carnage is real. The cost is immense to clean up/make right. I had a site that dropped 7k gallons of Premium into a ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel) UST (underground storage tank). They found out about the mistake when 2 commercial trucks (one brand new Volvo and a low mileage Kenworth) died an awful death out on the highway. It takes a pump truck or two to evacuate the mixed product from the UST, a crew of knowledgeable techs to get the tank/lines purged/cleaned, and dispenser filters changed. Think of how many vehicles get damaged, the down-time for the c-store, the reputation of the c-store and chain, cost of techs on site, cost of clean up and turnover. Bad day for the loading rack in this particular situation, as they failed to divert the correct product to the transport. OOOPS.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a random thought; my son drives a tanker truck delivering fuel to convenience stores and gas stations. Another driver took a load of diesel fuel to a Walmart and proceeded to dump the diesel fuel into the gasoline tanks. You can only imagine the kind of damage that would cause. Driver was talking on his cell phone to his girlfriend, not paying attention to what he was doing.
The follow-up question should be, "where is he working now?"

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 101693 miles.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 101693 miles.
Government?

I have never been able to get a hose into my fuel tank. I would question if it was right at the bottom

My next test would be fuel pump pressure and what does the sample look like at the fuel rail??????
Could be the fuel pump has cratered and nothing to do with the fuel.

Last edited:

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
If alucke would pull a spark plug he'd find out sooner than asking if his plugs are bad.. I didn’t read anywhere that he would use fuel system cleaner as regular maintenance or what brand of fuel he was using what climate or weather the truck is seeing and whether it’s in Alaska or Arizona.. On the west coast Ive had horrible experiences with Chevron fuel stations gasoline.. I’d use Shell for Top Tier instead

demonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Regards,
Dusty
He actually kept his job, well, until he did it again.

demonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've worked quite a few of these scenarios as well. The carnage is real. The cost is immense to clean up/make right. I had a site that dropped 7k gallons of Premium into a ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel) UST (underground storage tank). They found out about the mistake when 2 commercial trucks (one brand new Volvo and a low mileage Kenworth) died an awful death out on the highway. It takes a pump truck or two to evacuate the mixed product from the UST, a crew of knowledgeable techs to get the tank/lines purged/cleaned, and dispenser filters changed. Think of how many vehicles get damaged, the down-time for the c-store, the reputation of the c-store and chain, cost of techs on site, cost of clean up and turnover. Bad day for the loading rack in this particular situation, as they failed to divert the correct product to the transport. OOOPS.
The business owner agreed to pay any damages to folks vehicles. The same driver got to keep his job until he did it again. True story.