Exhaust Comparisons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
as it is humorous Friday were I live can I suggest long tubes and 14s by Magnaflow for that Nascar truck sound???? lol

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Carven or Spintech

Which muffler do you guys recommend between the Carven TR/ progressive and the Spintech Pro Street 9000. Also does anyone know which one is louder out of the two? Any input is highly appreciated

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Which muffler do you guys recommend between the Carven TR/ progressive and the Spintech Pro Street 9000. Also does anyone know which one is louder out of the two? Any input is highly appreciated
Do a search on this subject. Its been answered already bud.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Resonator Delete???

Finally decided on running a Spintech Pro Street 9000 si/do muffler on my 14 quad cab. I heard that the drone isn't bad with these mufflers, but will removing the resonators produce drone? If removing the resonators will produce annoying amounts of drone I will just leave them on. Also, I am going to purchase a tuner and disable the mds, Don't know if that will make a difference on the amount of drone. Mainly asking if I should remove the resonators or leave them on? Any input is highly appreciated. Thanks

Trapinator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Deleted mine..but I personally like the screaming eagles lol..i had slight drone with Carven and no resonators recently swapped to jba headers and black widow exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I have a Spintech 9000 with resonators removed and absolutely love the sound. But it does drone at highway speeds. I would leave them on and see if you like it, maybe remove them later down the road.

RDHemi16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not changed the exhaust yet on my Ram, but disabling MDS made all the difference in my Challenger with the Hemi. Highway was bad until I disabled MDS with a tuner. Not sure if you have the shift + and - buttons on the steering wheel like my 2016, but that disables MDS from coming on without getting a tuner.

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spintech Muffler: Resonators?

Looking at getting a Spintech Super Pro Street 9000 installed on my 14' qc. Debating on if I should leave the resonators on or get them deleted at the same time? (This is daily driver) Would doing so produce annoying amounts of drone ( Going to disable Mds around the same time as getting the muffler installed, idk if that makes a difference on drone) Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Keep the resonators. See how u like it first. Thats what I'd do.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keep the resonators, easier to knock them off later.

Sent from my iPhone 7+

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I have the Spintech 9000 with resonators removed and it sounds amazing. But, the highway drone sucks.

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Spintech 9000 with resonators removed and it sounds amazing. But, the highway drone sucks.

Have you tried turning off mds during high way driving? Not sure if that would make a difference on the amount of drone but I am planning on disabling mds. Also did you remove the resonators at the same time as installing the spintech?

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Have you tried turning off mds during high way driving? Not sure if that would make a difference on the amount of drone but I am planning on disabling mds. Also did you remove the resonators at the same time as installing the spintech?

No MDS on my rig, got it tuned out with tuner. I got my truck used and the resonators were already removed. Had a no name chamberd muffler on it. From there went no muffler for a few years but it was just to loud. Got the Spin tech and fell in love with it.
First time I went on a road trip the drone was bad.

blkbaretta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got the same setup with the resonators...leave them and if you don't like it remove them later. I think you'll be happy :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cherry Bomb & Spintech: Louder??

Does anyone know which one is louder between the Cherry Bomb Extreme and the Spintech Pro Street 9000? Any input is highly appreciated. Thanks

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I know a few guys on the other site that went with Cherry and the mufflers rusted and fell apart within 2 years, I think they are made in china now. Spintech 9000 is what I'm running and the overall sound is aggressive and beautiful. Stainless steel and very well made.
I have a cherry muffler in my garage and it is a poorly made piec of junk.

Crashno1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Cherry bomb sounded Great, to bad it only lasted a year.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just saw on facebook that Carven is coming out with a polished version of the 5" tips on friday. Looking foward to those..