Exhaust suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cory richardson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Product Line:Thrush Welded Mufflers

Summit Racing Part Number:WLK-17661. The get a 4ft stick of 2.5in exhaust tube you'll have 60$ in to a great sounding exhaust that's not to to loud

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
What’s with you guys and putting fart cannons on your truck? I have a 2012 Cummins and when I did all my deletes, I made sure to put the most quiet exhaust on. You want to hear the roar of the motor, not the obnoxious farting out the back.
How bout all you diesel guys driving around and crapping black smoke clouds out your exhaust pipe, how does a more quiet exhaust make up for that?
It's ironic that you critique the note of others, all the while your exhaust pipe pukes visible emissions everytime you throttle up. I hope you silenced it! Now if you could just do something about the look and the smell.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JayMac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone use the Mopar cat back exhaust? I've heard pretty good things about it, plus it has the benefit of being fully supported under warranty.

I just bought a new 17 Ram Night with 5.7 and put MOPAR cat back and MOPAR CAI on it. It sounds awesome! If I’m not mistaken, MOPAR uses Borla for their catback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I did MagnaFlow on mine and it sounds great. The guy at the shop thought it would be too loud cause I'm female.... the louder the better IMO, as long as its doesn't sound like crap to begin with :)
LOL that isn't sexist, nahhh...

My wife loves the Magnafllow exhaust when I punch it. However, she does NOT when I dawn patrol for the gym at 0545HRS and she gets startled in her sleep.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I did MagnaFlow on mine and it sounds great. The guy at the shop thought it would be too loud cause I'm female.... the louder the better IMO, as long as its doesn't sound like crap to begin with :)

My wife loves my 24" Magnaflow and 5" tips. I think if it droned she might be put off, but she grew up with a bunch of gearhead brothers so she appreciates a 'throaty' exhaust.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The cop said the limit was 83 and i was at 85
xxxxxx
85 dBA is a reasonable limit. You were probably a lot over and he cut you a break.

OSHA's Noise standard (29 CFR 1910.95) requires a hearing conservation program if workers are exposed to a noise level of 85 decibels (dBA) over a work shift.

Don't get me wrong, I love a nice exhaust rumble, but it can be over done AND...
The rest of us shouldn't have to wear mickey-mouse ears so that you can toot your pipes. Just say'n.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
How bout all you diesel guys driving around and crapping black smoke clouds out your exhaust pipe, how does a more quiet exhaust make up for that?
It's ironic that you critique the note of others, all the while your exhaust pipe pukes visible emissions everytime you throttle up. I hope you silenced it! Now if you could just do something about the look and the smell.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Lol this. Stinky ******** anyway lol

09steve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe exhaust can be too loud. But I'm old and cranky.

You've got a 4.7L so you must have been close to straight pipe loud when he popped you.

You could probably be very happy with the Mufflex/Magnaflow 18".

I went with the Mufflex/Magnaflow 24" and added the 5" tips for a deeper resonance as well.

It has a nice bit of noise, kinda says "Hey, I've got a Hemi!"

However it is not window rattling, dawn helicopter assault ("Charlie don't surf"*) loud.

Heads turn, people look up, but Five-Oh and Mr. Po-Po leave me be.

***I wonder if anyone will get that movie reference***
Where did you get the 5” tips? Do they fit the indents in the bumper?

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Multiple tip choices. I have carven 5" tips with mufflex 18". Fit great and like casper said they add a bit of a deeper tone and I like how they fill the indent

20171230_092950.jpg

Dhill29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Carven Competitor and have gotten tons of likes and sounds awesome from guys. My daughter loves the sound.

Rampaige

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
18” Maggy with resonater removed. Nice deep rumble at startup, mild when cruising & idling but roars when you lay the gas to her.......and no drone when MDS is off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reyzapien88