Fiat-Chrysler becoming “Stellantis”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I owned a PT Cruiser for about 2 months, not because it was a bad car, it was the first black vehicle I ever owned. Don't get me wrong, black vehicles are sharp when they are clean, I can never drive them from having to clean them, last black vehicle for me.

KC5TGQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
All I can say is that my 2019 Laramie eTorque is the best truck I have ever owned. I have owned GMC Sierra's, Ford F-250, F150's, Nissan's and none compare. The ride, quietness, MPG are outstanding. 25k and no warranty work. Hopefully I never have to use extended warranty.

Floyd1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve owned 2009 Dodge Ram Lonestar hemi crewcab Rambox , put 442,150 on original power train.

2015 Ecodiesel Longhorn Rambox Crewcab 4wd Air Suspension , traded this one

2019-2500 Megacab Longhorn Rambox 4wd Cummins. Currently

2020 Lonestar crewcab Rambox Crewcab hemi
Replaced the 2009

The Ram interior from Lonestar to Longhorn is nicer that the rest of trucks
1. Ramboxes
2.Megacab
3.Interior
4.12” display

eddie046

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well maybe they will sell ram to an american company and things will get better.
Virtually no chance of that happening. Jeep and Ram buttering FCA's bread before the merger. The newly formed company will hang onto them for dear life!

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, GM really didn’t have to try all that hard with the HHR. That, was a pretty neat little car. I knew of quite a few people that had them and they loved them, and they turned out to great cars in the long run but sure, the cruiser was neat when it came out and, I remember reading where they were quite the hit among the Hollywood crowd but underneath, they were just nothing but a cheap Neon.

But about the Prowler- it was a novelty specialty car a lot like the Demon, the new TRX and SRT-10 Ram- I don’t think they really had a whole lot of intentions of making a boat-load of them. Even the Chrysler Crossfire was a neat little car but again, I don’t think they had intentions of making a bunch.

I’d love to have a prowler as a fun little, Saturday drive around town car or just a nowhere to go in particular, cruise down the highway with the top open kinda car and maybe even ditch that little V6 it had for some real power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read where someone put a hemi in a prowler!!!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
, the American brands of Dodge, Ram, Jeep and Chrysler which are currently part of FCA will soon be part of Stellantis. However, this new corporate name isn’t going to have any direct impact on the current plans of those brands and, contrary to the belief of some social media users, the creation of Stellantis does not mean that the cars, trucks and SUVs sold by the former Chrysler Group brands are going to suddenly and drastically change to boring, French compacts.

I wonder if the main parts supplier will still be Magneti Marelli

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/shop/parts/magneti-marelli.html

Last edited:

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
, the American brands of Dodge, Ram, Jeep and Chrysler which are currently part of FCA will soon be part of Stellantis. However, this new corporate name isn’t going to have any direct impact on the current plans of those brands and, contrary to the belief of some social media users, the creation of Stellantis does not mean that the cars, trucks and SUVs sold by the former Chrysler Group brands are going to suddenly and drastically change to boring, French compacts.
You mean the Pam 1500cc (and cc doesn't stand for crew cab :rolleyes:)
peugeot-lantrek.jpg

Last edited:

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd like to see the reverse rear doors as an option on the extended cabs again. I know RAM was first on turning them around, but that entry room and usefulness is extremely good. Since my kids are off to college now, I really don't need a crew cab any more.
The problem with the reverse opening doors is when you are in a parking lot with a vehicle next to you. It can be incredibly tricky to open the rear door.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought that pt cruiser was a ************* and thought the prowler was bad ass, even if it really didn’t have **** for a motor.

I felt the exact same way. I absolutely hated the PT Cruiser, but always wanted a Prowler.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just hope that now that fiat has joined forces with Peugeot to form that new name Stellantis that they’ll finally remove the “F” from FCA and let Chrysler go back to being called just Chrysler like all the other subsidiary companies that fiat owns but I’m not holding my breath. But it would be nice since there never has been no Fiat-Alfa Romeo, or Fiat-Maserati or, Fiat-Aston Martin. Or even that company that makes the little EcoDiesel... they’re not called Fiat-VM Motari, they’re just VM Motari. And even there for a short while when Fiat owned Ferrari- they weren’t called Fiat-Ferrari....lol. Nobody woulda bought the things, then.

I'd venture a guess that the reputation of Aston Martin, Maserati, Alfa Romeo and Ferrari would not have benefited from the addition of Fiat to the name. Indeed, I believe it would have hurt the exclusive nature of the names (save Alfa Romeo perhaps). However, Chrysler's reputation needed some help, and I'm betting the addition of Fiat to the name gave them the boost they needed to associate the name with quality, regardless of what Ram owners may think of the addition. While we might loathe the thought of a Fiat, and feel the name reduces the standing of the company behind our trucks, the overall association of Chrysler with junk iron needed help, help which the Fiat name brought.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd like to see the reverse rear doors as an option on the extended cabs again. I know RAM was first on turning them around, but that entry room and usefulness is extremely good. Since my kids are off to college now, I really don't need a crew cab any more.

Although I did love it on my ole 98 quad cab- especially for when the dealership paid for a new headliner to be put in it before I bought it that didn’t require removing the windshield, I’m glad that design is long gone because it wasn’t a very safe one to begin with by not having a true B pillar and the seatbelts that came out of the seat rather than being a lot more secure from being bolted to the cab.

But yeah, to each is own but a crew cab is still just as useful even if you don’t have long legged kids back there unless even if they still made them, and 8-foot bed was more desirable than a bigger cab.

I don’t even have kids and the only kid that rides back there on occasion is my girlfriend’s son but I got no problem at all being part of the crowd that’s pretty much the reason why you see more crew cabs on the road than any other configured cab...[emoji41]

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The problem with the reverse opening doors is when you are in a parking lot with a vehicle next to you. It can be incredibly tricky to open the rear door.

I never had that particular problem opening the rear doors in a parking lot in my old 98 quad but it was however a pain in the ass if you were in that parking lot with parked cars next to you and you had people riding back there. Me and whoever was in the front would have to wait and stay in the truck and open the front doors just enough so the back doors would open to let the back people out, then close the rear doors and fully open the front doors so we in the front seat could get out. Even in the later years, it would’ve been nice if Dodge had made the rear doors open all the way around close to the bed like I think Toyota did with the tundra if I’m not mistaken.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd venture a guess that the reputation of Aston Martin, Maserati, Alfa Romeo and Ferrari would not have benefited from the addition of Fiat to the name. Indeed, I believe it would have hurt the exclusive nature of the names (save Alfa Romeo perhaps). However, Chrysler's reputation needed some help, and I'm betting the addition of Fiat to the name gave them the boost they needed to associate the name with quality, regardless of what Ram owners may think of the addition. While we might loathe the thought of a Fiat, and feel the name reduces the standing of the company behind our trucks, the overall association of Chrysler with junk iron needed help, help which the Fiat name brought.

I guess I could see that as an extreme possibility but, I just for the most part can’t really see how by fiat adding their name to Chrysler is what helped… What I think helped, is having a large company that it’s not having financial problems take over Chrysler so that Chrysler can afford to go back out on limbs with for risky ventures but not having to worry about facing bankruptcy if taking that risk didn’t pan out the way it was supposed to.

But then again when a lot of people thought of Chrysler years and years ago, they thought junk vehicles and by adding that F in there makes it to where it’s not just Chrysler anymore so who knows, maybe that’s why they did the acquisition that way was not to make it look like a subsidiary purchase, but a partnership because from all that I’ve gathered online, that was no partnership; That was all pretty much just another company buying out another company just like it did with Maserati, Aston Martin and all those other ones that they own.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still think Stellantis sound like an ED drug...
I can already hear the commercials-
" Wife not happy? Can't get it up? Try Stellantis!
Yeah, I don’t know how or where they came up with that name. Lol.
Our new 705 HP HellCaravan will put some starch in your shorts!"

But I say screw it, why not??? The Dodge magnum was still the baddest station wagon on the planet far as I’m concerned so why not have the baddest minivan on the planet that’ll do 0-60 4 seconds flat? Imagine that soccer mom. That’s one minivan that won’t get picked on. All the school kids be like, yo mama drives a minivan- kid says yeah, but my mom’s has a Hemi! And it’s supercharged!! Smoked a Mustang GT by two lengths on the way to school this morning!!!
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]