Filming truck suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemisport5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone, I’m about to get creative and start to film my suspension on my truck to try and locate a vibration that’s been driving me nuts. Dealerships have been a total waste of time and I keep getting the “it’s normal driving behavior of the truck”. Well I don’t buy it, I want to purchase a cheaper action camera and mount it under my truck. Has anyone done this? Can I get a descent quality camera online somewhere and not break the bank on a GoPro. Any advice would be great?
Thanks

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
GoPro is the only one I've heard people talk about--but I sure ain't no expert
Jay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone, I’m about to get creative and start to film my suspension on my truck to try and locate a vibration that’s been driving me nuts. Dealerships have been a total waste of time and I keep getting the “it’s normal driving behavior of the truck”. Well I don’t buy it, I want to purchase a cheaper action camera and mount it under my truck. Has anyone done this? Can I get a descent quality camera online somewhere and not break the bank on a GoPro. Any advice would be great?
Thanks
Hold on ... there is a very highly recommended camera on Amazon that people return the GoPro and get this one .... let get a link

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I bought the akaso EK7000 off amazon for about $70, it’s a nice little go pro knock off that does fairly decent video.

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AKASO V50 Pro Native 4K/30fps 20MP WiFi Action Camera with EIS Touch Screen Adjustable View Angle 30m Waterproof Camera Remote Control Sports Camera with Helmet Accessories Kit

This forum would not let me post a screenshot ..... grrrr

Anyways there is a great accessory kit that you can get for cheap too and that would have all the mounts you need to view under the truck

My brother has this camera and we played with it all weekend and it really works great .... going to pick one up myself.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used my sons gopro to do something similar trying to find my 2k rpm vibration.

You'll need good mounts more than anything. I made a custom magnetized mount with a piece of rubber, heavy duty rare earth magnet and a gopro threaded mount with tether. It was strong enough to hold onto the frame while I was driving at 30-40mph.

The whole thing is very handy, I imagine other non go pro cameras have similar mounts so you go a cheaper route if necessary.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AKASO V50 Pro Native 4K/30fps 20MP WiFi Action Camera with EIS Touch Screen Adjustable View Angle 30m Waterproof Camera Remote Control Sports Camera with Helmet Accessories Kit

This forum would not let me post a screenshot ..... grrrr

Anyways there is a great accessory kit that you can get for cheap too and that would have all the mounts you need to view under the truck

My brother has this camera and we played with it all weekend and it really works great .... going to pick one up myself.

Is this it?....post links please
https://www.amazon.com/AKASO-Adjustable-Waterproof-Control-Accessories/dp/B07CKV9FRX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes that is it .... sorry for some reason the forum will not let me post links or photos as it thinks I am spamming

Haha would not even let me quote your post.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think they make you have 50 posts or something like that.

Too bad you cant post link to that accessory kit somehow