Final assessment of the overhead homelink

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Device takes a **** intermittently, none of the three buttons respond to any key presses unless vehicle is turned off then back on. Duff. Try proving / demonstrating this to the dealership, aint gonna happen.

When Im driving or when it works I can press those three buttons , 1st one say transmitting on my evic, then the other two say training as not programmed. But when it stops working, nothing is displayed on evic. Hence my final outcome on this matter proves it has nothing to do with programming. And a hardware fault.

Funnily enough it always allows me out, but never allows me to close the garage door back when leaving. Hence I have to resort to the backup garage door opener that I keep in truck for this reason. Like I mentioned, when it fails, nothing is shown on display that its transmitting a signal.

johniew398

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 RAM Sport about three months old. I have the same issue. I did just have the first button programmed. When it didn't work there was no display associated with it instead of "Sending Channel One" or something like that.

I was carrying a backup opener but my wife has a spare front door key in her purse so I quit worrying about it. I did program the other two buttons as well now so I'll see if I have anymore issues.

You're correct. It's not a programming issue - it is a hardware fault.

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 RAM Sport about three months old. I have the same issue. I did just have the first button programmed. When it didn't work there was no display associated with it instead of "Sending Channel One" or something like that.

I was carrying a backup opener but my wife has a spare front door key in her purse so I quit worrying about it. I did program the other two buttons as well now so I'll see if I have anymore issues.

You're correct. It's not a programming issue - it is a hardware fault.
Initially I thought it was related to button number 1. But if I randomly press any button at anytime it shows a message on evic. When it doesn't work nothing is shown regardless of what buttons are pressed. Silly that one has to also take a garage door opener with them. Wonder how the dealer will diagnose. I can tell one thing, I won't be going in for this.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a 13. Never been able to get it to work. Followed the instructions to a T

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
Initially I thought it was related to button number 1. But if I randomly press any button at anytime it shows a message on evic. When it doesn't work nothing is shown regardless of what buttons are pressed. Silly that one has to also take a garage door opener with them. Wonder how the dealer will diagnose. I can tell one thing, I won't be going in for this.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
I'd have to agree. Sounds like it's hardware. If it works even once, the programming was successful.

I guess I'm fortunate, I programmed mine about 6 months ago and no issues so far. Hopefully you get this resolved!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine works flawlessly as well. I can open my garage door from much further away with the Homelink than with my hand held remote. I use it everyday and it always works. My E.V.I.C shows all the messages in the screen. Sounds like you definitely have some type of an issue with yours.

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a 13. Never been able to get it to work. Followed the instructions to a T

Does your one show any indication that it is even transponding a signal?

Mine works flawlessly as well. I can open my garage door from much further away with the Homelink than with my hand held remote. I use it everyday and it always works. My E.V.I.C shows all the messages in the screen. Sounds like you definitely have some type of an issue with yours.

When mine works, indeed, the distance it can transmit from is impressive.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also use mine multiple times per day ( have three doors, so all are used at different times) and have never had any issues with it. Hope you can get it sorted out..

willscary

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I have a 2015 that just turned 3 months old and last week I began having this same problem. You describe it exactly.