Flow Master 40 Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wryte4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are there any modifications needed to install a Flowmaster 40 Series on a Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi...just the muffler

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are there any modifications needed to install a Flowmaster 40 Series on a Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi...just the muffler

Doing it yourself or taking it to a shop? I usually just take it to a shop for a quick cut and weld cause it doesn't really cost very much (maybe around $100 or so).

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The Flow will be shorter than your OEM muffler so some additional pipe and welding will be needed.

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a super 40 409S installed on my Laramie. Not a direct fit muffler, so it will require additional piping to get it installed.

If you're looking for the juicy details of adding a flowmaster super 40 409S style muffler, allow me. I had hoped for a muffler swap only when I took it to the shop. Knowing it was going to need at the very least, an extension pipe in front of the muffler to install it. Got a call, tails were too far gone to reuse, no chance to be welded. So this job just became a cat back exhaust system. He gave me options on what I was looking at. I went with a set of custom 2 1/2 inch tails, no resonators, two new gen 5 tips (cause my gen 4 tips were shoddy at best). But, if I want to add resonators, he can add them easily and quickly. And if I ever want to go with a different brand of muffler, I can do that easily as the tailpipes are clamped, not welded. And the front extension is clamped at one connection, welded at the other. The ONLY thing I am still on the fence about is, resonators. Other than that, quite happy with the suoer 40 409S...

OP
OP
W

Wryte4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Brothers...thank you for the response. I'm going to have the shop do the install. I'm prepared and though it would take some modifications because of the length of the aftermarket muffler.

OP
OP
W

Wryte4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the FM 40 series 3"in and 2 and half inch duel outs...man the truck sounds absolutely great. Paid $160

gilleydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 ram larami
Engine
you will get some drone about 1500 rpm i will go to Walker Quite Flow I had a 40 series original