For the lights behind the grille naysayers....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blkngld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A84FC000-0CD0-43BA-98B1-6689689F153A.jpeg

I put mine behind the grill for the sole purpose OF hiding them. You can see the white lights easy enough, but the 4 amber pods are tough unless you are close up. I drive my truck as a dd and some places for work aren't to savory. Even on vacation at Virginia Beach last year I had some ***** pop out a couple of my Recon amber air dam lights. People suck!

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 132394

I put mine behind the grill for the sole purpose OF hiding them. You can see the white lights easy enough, but the 4 amber pods are tough unless you are close up. I drive my truck as a dd and some places for work aren't to savory. Even on vacation at Virginia Beach last year I had some ***** pop out a couple of my Recon amber air dam lights. People suck!

This! Festooning your ride with lights all over it may look cool, but sooner or later, something's gonna happen, either from just driving down the road or outright theft.

TXCOMT

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 132394

As a Va native that has lived 90mi from VaBeach I will offer an insight...no one from Va goes there. Even the people who live there go elsewhere...its a bit “unsavory”. OBX much nicer and the place is like a 4X4 Jamboree all summer.

Timmy01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been throwing around the idea of mounting LED lights behind my same grille. But i want the lights to be more hidden. There has to be something we can mount in frint of the lights behind the grille to hide them more. Like a black screen or something.

I’m going to be mounting some pods back there and had the same concern.
Here’s a couple solutions...
- you can smoke the lens on the light bar
- they sell blacked out led’s

https://hellfireoffroadlighting.com/products/rigid-d-series-midnight-optic-spot-light-pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is nice is KC sells the Highlighter version of the original halogen lights that have 20 watt LED,s in them.
These are as bright as the Original 130 watt lights.

Sweet; thanks for sharing!

TXCOMT

Blkngld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As a Va native that has lived 90mi from VaBeach I will offer an insight...no one from Va goes there. Even the people who live there go elsewhere...its a bit “unsavory”. OBX much nicer and the place is like a 4X4 Jamboree all summer.

Hey Thunder... Didn't mean any offense to the Virginian people. For all I know it could have been other vacationers like myself.
What is OBX?

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Thunder... Didn't mean any offense to the Virginian people. For all I know it could have been other vacationers like myself.
What is OBX?
No offense taken at all! Va Beach can be a bit sketchy in some areas. They are workin hard to uograde their image.
OBX is the Outer Banks of NC. An hour south of VaBeach. Not nearly as commercialized. Few hotels, tons of vacation home rentals instead. Driving on the beach etc. it really is an offroader’s place. Amazing trucks and some comical ones as well.

Blkngld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No offense taken at all! Va Beach can be a bit sketchy in some areas. They are workin hard to uograde their image.
OBX is the Outer Banks of NC. An hour south of VaBeach. Not nearly as commercialized. Few hotels, tons of vacation home rentals instead. Driving on the beach etc. it really is an offroader’s place. Amazing trucks and some comical ones as well.

WHAT!!! OBX sounds AWESOME. We have friends who moved to Youngville, NC, near Wake Forrest. Maybe we should schedule an impromptu visit this summer.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reyzapien88