Forging alas!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ok so I got my travel claim money and I'm looking to forge my 5.7 for bigger boost and high nitrous shot. around 15PSI boost and maybe 125 shot or so. What all do I need to start purchasing, and where would you recommend from? Think I am going to go with a custom ground cam from inertia and custom pushrods. I have the forged springs

Crank
Rods
Pistons

Also do I need to do anything with the heads? Thanks in advance!

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
6.1L oil pump ( higher volume )
6.1L timing kit ( stronger )

I got all my engine parts from Stu . I won't comment on the rest since your going beyond what I've done with mine. Sounds like a great build.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
If you are already getting the cam and pushrods from Inertia, then I would just let Stu set you up with some pistons, rods, and crank.

Modern Muscle is building my forged 392 for the blue truck, and they have put out a few cars/jeeps now that are pushing right around that 1000hp mark. I don't think you can go wrong with either company.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I would look at a set of rods, pistons, and a 6.1L crank if you're looking to stay at a 5.7L displacement but since you're going with a new rotating assembly anyways it never hurts to go bigger. With boost and a 5.7L block I'd upgrade to a 370 so you're not running such a long stroke which will allow you to run a higher rpm to better deal with the supercharger. I would stick with a 5.7L block and don't bother trying to find a 6.1L block, they are expensive as hell these days. Don't forget to get a set of head studs so you can keep the gaskets sealed.

Since you're looking at 15psi, a D1SC or Novi 1500 will work nicely with an early 3rd gen with a ~9.0 CR. You won't need to upgrade the rods to the more expensive I-Beams because you won't be making enough boost to really worry about.

If you do boost then you won't really need to do anything with the heads unless you really want to be making more power; then I'd look at getting a set of ported heads, or going all the way and getting a big valve/ported head. The pre-Eagle heads don't flow that great but they're more boost friendly since they have a lower compression compared to the Eagle head swap that will raise compression to 11:1 unless you run a thicker gasket or get the bowls ported.