Frustrated picking Syn Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I use puralotor right now just because I got a deal, I think I'm going to pick up a case of royal purple filters, I really like how they are built.

I wonder what the Royal purple guy has to say about the millions of oil analysis out there that show Royal Purple oil had 185 PPM Moly until they changed their new formula, too funny. Despite the guy not knowing his own product, I still like their filters. Check out the youtube video on how they make them.

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I went with Redline oil & Royal Purple filter. Doing my change tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I went with Redline oil & Royal Purple filter. Doing my change tomorrow.

update us on if it makes your valve train quieter, louder, or no difference. Take a listen at idle before you change. My experience was it took about 100 miles or so before I noticed my Tick was completely gone. I can only theorize that was the Moly sinking into the lifters and it wasn't an immediate process.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Roadking I looked up the patent information on organic Moly, long read but many good parts to it. faqs.org/patents/

Notice date, it is 2009. technology in oil is still getting better.

DublDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I use puralotor right now just because I got a deal, I think I'm going to pick up a case of royal purple filters, I really like how they are built.

I wonder what the Royal purple guy has to say about the millions of oil analysis out there that show Royal Purple oil had 185 PPM Moly until they changed their new formula, too funny. Despite the guy not knowing his own product, I still like their filters. Check out the youtube video on how they make them.

Thanks Again Burla.

mangus2k13ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
By far royal purple products are more superior than others. I had a trans am that burnt oil with modil 1, castrol syn, and pennz syn. I switched to rp and the burning oil stopped. I currently use it in my 13 ram hemi. There is video out there that shows a wear test between rp, amsoil, Mobil 1 and others. Keep this in mind if the others like amsoil and redline are so good why are they not API certified.

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
update us on if it makes your valve train quieter, louder, or no difference. Take a listen at idle before you change. My experience was it took about 100 miles or so before I noticed my Tick was completely gone. I can only theorize that was the Moly sinking into the lifters and it wasn't an immediate process.

Not even 100 miles and it definitely seems quieter.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Keep this in mind if the others like amsoil and redline are so good why are they not API certified.

API certs cost millions for an entire oil lineup, and are for oils wanting into the mass market. Amsoil and Redline could care less about the mass market, they are specialty oils made from the most expensive products and procedures. Amsoil and redline already charge over 10 bucks a qrt, if they had to pay millions for some company to say hey this is good stuff when everyone already knows it is good stuff, then they would have to charge twenty bucks a qrt and nobody would buy it. Royal purple is good stuff, but it is a petroleum product group 3 and redline and Amsoil are synthetic base stocks. More info on base stocks in synthetic thread and here.