Fuel wheels cracking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
So I'm quite livid right now. Just finished an oil change and a tire rotation and I'm set wrench for my second torque pass to 100. Start tightening my lugs and something is off its not clicking so I stop look at my wheels and the counter bore actually started to stress crack. I shoulda caught it sooner but I didn't think this would happen at 100lbs being I still had another 30 ft lbs to go to factory spec.95cbab8c0ca9bb6c14598d2a024a4d27.jpg3613c2d4c72d97fc5f59ddc45890d626.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks- call fuel- keep us posted as to what happens -

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
are these dual bolt pattern wheels?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
That sucks and now I’m wondering if I will have that problem

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I've emailed fuel, waiting on a call back. I also called custom offsets, they are supposed to be emailing me a warranty form so I can submit the pictures. It sucks because I know it's gonna probably gonna be a fight to get them replaced. I already heard the " warranty doesn't cover over torquing".

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
That sucks and now I’m wondering if I will have that problem
It only happened to these 2, I stopped at 105 on the other side. My next line of defense will be to torque an undamaged hole at 130 and video it to see if it repeats. Super disappointed. My wrench only goes to 150, I feel the wheels should be able to take even more than that

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damm that sucks bad.... You still drivin on them things?!

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Damm that sucks bad.... You still drivin on them things?!
Unfortunately I'm forced to. The front driver side only has two one is very slight. The rear however has 3, two of them are pretty bad. I think I'm gonna order new KMC wheels and if they send me two new fuel wheels I will sell the fuels. I really don't wanna drive on theses anymore than I have to

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Unfortunately I'm forced to. The front driver side only has two one is very slight. The rear however has 3, two of them are pretty bad. I think I'm gonna order new KMC wheels and if they send me two new fuel wheels I will sell the fuels. I really don't wanna drive on theses anymore than I have to

Be careful, I had my lugs fall off a d my wheel almost fell off my truck and almost killed me. If I didn't feel it/hear it, I would have lost my wheel on the highway at 65+ mph.

Are you using a hand torque wrench or are you using a air/electric torque gun?

If your using a gun, that's your problem. Your never ever supposed to tighten lug nuts with a air/electric gun.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Be careful, I had my lugs fall off a d my wheel almost fell off my truck and almost killed me. If I didn't feel it/hear it, I would have lost my wheel on the highway at 65+ mph.

Are you using a hand torque wrench or are you using a air/electric torque gun?

If your using a gun, that's your problem. Your never ever supposed to tighten lug nuts with a air/electric gun.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...
I had one come off on a old beater of mine thank God i was able to control it. Pretty sure im ordering wheels tmmrw regardless of the outcome. I'm not comfortable waiting. I was using a 1/2" drive hand click style torque wrench.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had one come off on a old beater of mine thank God i was able to control it. Pretty sure im ordering wheels tmmrw regardless of the outcome. I'm not comfortable waiting. I was using a 1/2" drive hand click style torque wrench.

That's good. Sounds like a defective wheel.

Mine wasn't my fault. Stupid dealerships fault, going from aftermarket wheels to stock Ram chrome clads, they left on my hub centric rings for the aftermarket wheels and eventually my lugs fell off due to not having enough stud to grip onto. Dealership refused to take responsibility. I was so pissed.

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Pretty crummy design to if ya ask me. Having a 110 hub bore with a 139.7 bolt hole pattern with the lug hole size you only have a little less than .300" of meat there. You can see in the pics how close the hole is to the hub bore.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I try to stay away from the dual pattern wheels that have a mini hubcap covering all that up. I just bought some XD wheels with exposed lugs and they are hubcentric too. It's getting hard to find wheels that aren't dual pattern.

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I try to stay away from the dual pattern wheels that have a mini hubcap covering all that up. I just bought some XD wheels with exposed lugs and they are hubcentric too. It's getting hard to find wheels that aren't dual pattern.
I was looking at the xd monsters they are dual but the hub bore is smaller so there should be more meat there than mine do now. Looking into some black rhinos as well

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
which fuel wheels do you have?

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had issues with Fuel wheels on my last truck. Had the PVD finish and after 6 months the finish started falling off on 2 wheels. Fuel told me they would warranty them but had to go through the dealer I bought em at. I paid shipping and had 2 new wheels. 8 months later 1 wheel had finish coming off again. Contacted fuel and said I would like to swap all 4 wheels for the black ones and not the PVD and they did it.

They were great to work with for me. Hope they are the same and make this right for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I had issues with Fuel wheels on my last truck. Had the PVD finish and after 6 months the finish started falling off on 2 wheels. Fuel told me they would warranty them but had to go through the dealer I bought em at. I paid shipping and had 2 new wheels. 8 months later 1 wheel had finish coming off again. Contacted fuel and said I would like to swap all 4 wheels for the black ones and not the PVD and they did it.

They were great to work with for me. Hope they are the same and make this right for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope so too, really don't feel like dropping a grand on new wheels. Custom offsets has forwarded everything to them. Just waiting now.

Last edited: