Had her less than 24hrs and back to the dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It is weird, once it can catch up it seems to run cold just fine, but if the initial temp is high, it cannot recover. I park in an underground parking deck during the day and my AC will be very cold even in 90 degree temps with high humidity, but if I get in my truck after it has been heat soaked, it has a heck of a time trying to cool off. I think this new refrigerant has a pressure differntial issue, that it cannot overcome. I may look into swapping refrigerant.

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So still not liking the AC in these new rams. I have never had a truck especially one worth 59k that the AC takes soooo long to cool off. My previous vehicle was a Tahoe and owned many trucks over 40 years and honestly it’s pathetic.
Dealership tells me it’s within specs and when it’s this hot it will take a while in Texas. DUH. I’ve lived here 48 years. It should not take 30 minutes to get cold air coming out. I know how to work the AC I’m not a freaking idiot.

Just hung up with ram care even though there has been a lot of feedback with poor AC performance(their words) they can’t do anything and basically made me feel like I’m an idiot.
Yes I’m pissed and venting. Tired of sweating.

Good luck with your purchases in a hot state.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So still not liking the AC in these new rams. I have never had a truck especially one worth 59k that the AC takes soooo long to cool off. I’ve previous vehicle was a Tahoe and owned many trucks over 40 years and honestly it’s pathetic.
Dealership tells me it’s within specs and when it’s this hot it will take a while it Texas. DUH. I’ve lived here 48 years. It should take 30 minutes to get cold air coming out. I know how to work the AC I’m not a freaking idiot.
Just hung up with ram care even though there has been a lot of feedback with poor AC performance(their words) they can’t do anything and basically made me feel like I’m an idiot.
Yes I’m pissed and venting. Tired of sweating.

Wow - surprised they admitted that. With Ford it was deny deny deny.

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don’t get me wrong. I know it’s freaking hot out. I even start the truck before hand for at least 15 minutes and when I get in it’s still freaking hot. It’s not after about 30 miles of 70 mph before this thing starts to cool down. Until then we can even talk because the AC is blowing so loud we can’t hear each other. Lol

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just called the original ram care rep who handled my claim and he did deny about hearing any AC poor performance issues. Also told me if it’s with in specs it is what it is.

Sunday we went on a day trip and drove my 10year old beater truck because I didn’t want to sweat.
I guess I just have higher standards for a 59k truck. Tired of thinking about it. 3years years of this and I’m out. Peace.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just called the original ram care rep who handled my claim and he did deny about hearing any AC poor performance issues. Also told me if it’s with in specs it is what it is.

Sunday we went on a day trip and drove my 10year old beater truck because I didn’t want to sweat.
I guess I just have higher standards for a 59k truck. Tired of thinking about it. 3years years of this and I’m out. Peace.
Your letting them off the hook? I'd head to another dealer, drive another 19 and an 18 and get temps. Hell drive a Ford and a Chevy.

I'd be damned if I have a 2019 in the driveway and be rolling around in my old truck.

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your letting them off the hook? I'd head to another dealer, drive another 19 and an 18 and get temps. Hell drive a Ford and a Chevy.

I'd be damned if I have a 2019 in the driveway and be rolling around in my old truck.
I know right. Lol. I was just little disgusted. Honestly I think my expectations are little high. It does do “specs” it just takes a while to get there.

I did compare truck to truck and a 2018. 2018 gets colder faster. We let them both sit for 15 minutes and the 2018 was pretty darn cold. The 2019 was still struggling. All three 2019’s were the same. I was told the 2019 has a new redisigned AC system with different refridgrent. ‍♂️

I just went to the store and bought a winshield visor. From there I bought groceries so it sat in the sun for about an hour. The visor helped a lot. On start up I left the door open while running the AC for a few seconds with good results. By the time I got home(15miles) I was able to trim the AC fan down a few notches without sweating.
After I get that big ass sunroof tinted I’m sure it will even be better.

Until more trucks are on the road and even more feedback is available I don’t think anything can be done at this point.
FWIW. I’m 6ft and 190 pounds but I am hot blooded.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know right. Lol. I was just little disgusted. Honestly I think my expectations are little high. It does do “specs” it just takes a while to get there.

I did compare truck to truck and a 2018. 2018 gets colder faster. We let them both sit for 15 minutes and the 2018 was pretty darn cold. The 2019 was still struggling. All three 2019’s were the same. I was told the 2019 has a new redisigned AC system with different refridgrent. ‍♂️

I just went to the store and bought a winshield visor. From there I bought groceries so it sat in the sun for about an hour. The visor helped a lot. On start up I left the door open while running the AC for a few seconds with good results. By the time I got home(15miles) I was able to trim the AC fan down a few notches without sweating.
After I get that big ass sunroof tinted I’m sure it will even be better.

Until more trucks are on the road and even more feedback is available I don’t think anything can be done at this point.
FWIW. I’m 6ft and 190 pounds but I am hot blooded.
I'm 6' 185 and hot blooded also. One thing I noticed today....this cab heats up quick! I traded a 2016 F150 XLT that had a black cloth interior with a plastic black dash....and this RAM (Laramie with black interior) is noticeably hotter after sitting a few hours.

Granted my two front windows haven't been tinted yet....shouldn't be that big of a difference. I'm tempted to get ceramic tint vs the cheap stuff when it gets tinted tomorrow.

On another forum a guy bought this and said it fits well. It'll be the end of the year before the 2019 version is out.

https://www.amazon.com/Covercraft-U...webp_QL65&keywords=covercraft+2018+ram+uvs100

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Oh. I did drive every brand truck there was. I mean everyone lol. I passed on all of them. Didn’t even know ram had a new design until a month later when I saw this one being unloaded. Bought it on the spot. Really love the new redesigned dodge. Unfortunately April was a cool month so never got to try the AC in them. Next time I know. Sell mine when it’s cold out and test drive on the summer.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgot to say.... I've got vent temps of 48-52 but haven't really had an issue with the AC, even in the 90s here. Not as cold as my Ford but that might be due to it starting off a higher temp.

I've even turned up the temp a few times as 69-70 was getting too cold for me.

What exterior/interior colors are your truck?

Part of the reason I traded my 2014 F150 in after 35,000 miles was due to lackluster AC and to get the panoramic moonroof in the newer generation.

Actually had them recharge the AC in the 2014 and it didn't improve.

My 2016 F150 had decent AC, 42ish vent temps. My wife has a 2016 Fusion and it's an icebox. A lot smaller cabin, less dashboard to absorb sunlight, etc.

alwi228

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm 6' 185 and hot blooded also. One thing I noticed today....this cab heats up quick! I traded a 2016 F150 XLT that had a black cloth interior with a plastic black dash....and this RAM (Laramie with black interior) is noticeably hotter after sitting a few hours.

Granted my two front windows haven't been tinted yet....shouldn't be that big of a difference. I'm tempted to get ceramic tint vs the cheap stuff when it gets tinted tomorrow.

On another forum a guy bought this and said it fits well. It'll be the end of the year before the 2019 version is out.

https://www.amazon.com/Covercraft-U...webp_QL65&keywords=covercraft+2018+ram+uvs100

I've got the ceramic tint in the front...it is bad enough today (15 minutes of driving, cant cool the cab) that I'll have to go to the dealer Monday to hopefully have them recharge the AC. Not a big deal, and im sure FCA will realize they probably need to improve that aspect of the assembly process. Will keep you updated!

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh. I did drive every brand truck there was. I mean everyone lol. I passed on all of them. Didn’t even know ram had a new design until a month later when I saw this one being unloaded. Bought it on the spot. Really love the new redesigned dodge. Unfortunately April was a cool month so never got to try the AC in them. Next time I know. Sell mine when it’s cold out and test drive on the summer.
Funny - I was the opposite. My F150 had inoperable door locks in the cold. Had the latches all replaced this year but was going to get rid of it before it got cold again this fall/winter.

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got the ceramic tint in the front...it is bad enough today (15 minutes of driving, cant cool the cab) that I'll have to go to the dealer Monday to hopefully have them recharge the AC. Not a big deal, and im sure FCA will realize they probably need to improve that aspect of the assembly process. Will keep you updated!
Let us know. Right now it's tolerable but if they can make it better I'll see the dealer. After 6 visits with my F150 door latches and no resolution, I'm more inclined to not see the dealer and DYI if I can!

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Love that visor.
I did have ceramic on the fronts and still little warm. Don’t know if this is allowed in your state but I had my windshield done with a clear ceramic. It wasn’t cheap though but it does help.
I don’t know if you saw an earlier post but I can feel the heat coming down off my sunroof. That is probably another factor to the its hotter than hell feeling.:)

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love that visor.
I did have ceramic on the fronts and still little warm. Don’t know if this is allowed in your state but I had my windshield done with a clear ceramic. It wasn’t cheap though but it does help.
I don’t know if you saw an earlier post but I can feel the heat coming down off my sunroof. That is probably another factor to the its hotter than hell feeling.:)
Yep! Same roof in my F150 but it may have a darker tint on it. Might need to stop by and see her while she's still on their lot to compare.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990