Has anyone solved the USB to center console problem yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Informal

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Someone on this forum tried this adapter and it worked for them:
USB A Male to Mini B 5 Pin Female Adapter Converter | eBay

I don't remember who it was nor have I tried it, but I saved it in My Ebay on purpose so I could order it when I do my stereo upgrade...

I have two plugs that look exactly like the one you linked.. "incompatible USB" is all I get.. But hell, it's cheap enough, so this will be my 4th adapter. :D

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have two plugs that look exactly like the one you linked.. "incompatible USB" is all I get.. But hell, it's cheap enough, so this will be my 4th adapter. :D

Look at the bright side - you just made your 51st post, so you can put those extra plugs up for sale on the forum. :D

Amabate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm

This is an awesome site with all the wiring diagrams. I looked at the USB schematic and nothing is weird standard schematic for USB. What I did notice was the AUX in is part of the same module (plud in). So I'm wondering if the AUX is piggy backing on Mini B connector? This might be the reason that using the stock cable might be screwing things up. I'm trying to find a wiring schematic for the Stock HU's to see if the mini USB is wired funny to account for the AUX being present.

OP
OP
Informal

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm

This is an awesome site with all the wiring diagrams. I looked at the USB schematic and nothing is weird standard schematic for USB. What I did notice was the AUX in is part of the same module (plud in). So I'm wondering if the AUX is piggy backing on Mini B connector? This might be the reason that using the stock cable might be screwing things up. I'm trying to find a wiring schematic for the Stock HU's to see if the mini USB is wired funny to account for the AUX being present.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying about the aux.. But I did have my console apart, and the aux plug is completely separate of the USB plug.

OP
OP
Informal

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Well, it finally got here... "incompatible USB"

Damn.

Amabate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I did a couple of things: I sent a message to Metra Electronics to see if they had solved this problem and I'm sending it directly to Chrysler Customer Service.

We'll see how it goes

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What about the hidden USB above the glove box?

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have read on here where there is a USB above the glove box or in the the upper glove box you need to remove the upper part if you just have the opening it should be behind it

OP
OP
Informal

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have read on here where there is a USB above the glove box or in the the upper glove box you need to remove the upper part if you just have the opening it should be behind it

Will try that tomorrow, thanks

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Upper glove box USB port only on certain models

Will try that tomorrow, thanks

Informal, read first thread in audio & electronics. It will help
You determine if u have it. Hope this helps

OP
OP
Informal

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
Informal

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Informal, read first thread in audio & electronics. It will help
You determine if u have it. Hope this helps

I read it a while back thanks,

It was late when I read these updates last night.. When the hidden USB was mentioned, I thought maybe (as mentioned by another poster in this thread) it may be the cause for a USB hub conflict.

But then I remembered that I physically removed the center console USB module..ran my aftermarket head unit directly to the module (with 3-4 different adapters) and even that didn't work.

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins

That is only in the 2009-2012 trucks...

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anybody solve this problem yet? what about running a new cable anybody try that because I want to change my HU but don't want to lose this I use it everyday

OP
OP
Informal

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anybody solve this problem yet? what about running a new cable anybody try that because I want to change my HU but don't want to lose this I use it everyday

I have tried every adapter and or cable I could locate..it just does not work..I even cut one and re-wired it with every possible combination..I'm stumped...I did remove the cloth from the center console, and removed the USB block and found a panel mountable USB receptacle, but I haven't gotten around to swapping it out...when I put the cover back on...it's now stretched and sloppy looking, so I figure if/when I ever get katskinz to recover it, ill tackle it then...so baffling that nothing I tried worked...I believe it's a hub issue with the canbus