Head light led issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was wondering if there is any reprogramming I have to do when installing (TLAPS 7422440583555 For Ram 1500 2009-2018 / Classic 2019-2022/2500 3500 2010-2018 Black Housing Full LED Sequential Quad Projector Headlights with Amber Reflector nb https://a.co/d/6s1RmD1 )

on a 2018 Ram Express 1500? I installed it and one side is not working and to trouble shoot I put the old housing back on and it is not work either when it did before I removed it.

So no low beam of high beam. Also no turn signal however the high beam flash’s for the turn signal instead. Wondering if the bcm is messed up. Also did a hard reset for the whole truck over night and still same issue. I did order the mxobd + but need to get the security by pass. The one I need wasn’t available. But the thing that gets me is when I put the old house ing back is it was the same issue. So I don’t think it is anything to do with the draw difference of the led. Any ideas?

Thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
sounds like one of the pins is not making connection in the plug going to headlight.
Do any testing with the ignition on but do not start the the engine. If the LEDs work with the engine off but turn off when the engine is running you'll either need to change the headlight type programming or add resistors

OP
OP
Dan T

Dan T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
sounds like one of the pins is not making connection in the plug going to headlight.
Do any testing with the ignition on but do not start the the engine. If the LEDs work with the engine off but turn off when the engine is running you'll either need to change the headlight type programming or add resistors
Works all the same( as in over all not working) , thanks

OP
OP
Dan T

Dan T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I went over the wires but will do it again cuz this is what I am geting on the codes IMG_9930.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9929.jpeg
    IMG_9929.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
Dan T

Dan T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
isn’t that a bad ground?

OP
OP
Dan T

Dan T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mrack,

Actually you might be right! I was researching the wiring diagrams and couldn’t find the right diagram based on the wires I was hooking up to the headlight section ( I bypassed the connector and went direct wires) but when I couldn’t find the wire colors I had , thought about what you said, and looked up the colors for the turn signal and parking light and that’s the colors I was messing with. Damn!!! Now stuck at work and anxious to see it that’s the problem

OP
OP
Dan T

Dan T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Actually you might be right! I was researching the wiring diagrams and couldn’t find the right diagram based on the wires I was hooking up to the headlight section ( I bypassed the connector and went direct wires) but when I couldn’t find the wire colors I had , thought about what you said, and looked up the colors for the turn signal and parking light and that’s the colors I was messing with. Damn!!! Now stuck at work and anxious to see it that’s the problem!

OP
OP
Dan T

Dan T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mrack was correct I did have the wires reversed, when I checked the stock connectors are interchangeable. So reconnected the stock connectors and plugged it in the correct way and now I have marker lights and turn signal on the gluing that wasn’t working. But not low beam or high beam. And my connection were good with heat shrinks and all. ( that’s not really saying much cuz I am the idiot that plug them in backwards in the first place. lol ) Anyways putt everything back together and went to sleep( work over nights) got up a little while ago and turned the truck on to run the fault codes again and the low beam on that side is working but still not the high. And now error codes. Also with the alfaobd app I can turn on the highbeam by itself and it comes on in individual test mode. But only the drivers side highbeam comes on when I use the switch at the steering wheel. Puzzling……..

I am going to try and change the bcm setting for the head lights as NO LED present and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks again Mrack for pointing out the basic possibility. Sometimes I get so cought up and don’t stop to think of the obvious. Lol

OP
OP
Dan T

Dan T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Now that I have the wires correct I am goin to switch the setting back from LED on alfaobd app and see what happens. Maybe the housings have there own resistors so it is plug and play with the stock program. I have asked others who bought these housings on Amazon and they said it was just plug and play and had no issues.
Thanks