Headlight/Fog bulb replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
I know, I know another bulb replant thread. I am just so disappointed in the OEM bulbs. I bought a laramie because i wanted the LED tail lights and the projectors looked cool and I assumed they'd be a lot brighter. Anyways, I've heard that LED bulbs in the projector headlights isn't the way to go. I recently bought some cheap Led bulbs for my fogs. they were cheap but had good ratings on amazon, and a few were from other ram owners. When I installed them they seem to be loose in the fog housing. I tested these out in my fogs before i go to the headlights just because they are not more difficult to get to. Which leads me to my question i guess, What do you guys recommend for high beams/headlights? Want something that will last, but not too expensive. I just don't want to have to take the headlight assembly apart every 3 months cause a bulb is burnt out or flickering or something. Any suggestions on what way to go? thanks

here is a link to the LED bulbs i got for my truck that seem to be loose
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071GBJ9ZH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Throw anything to do with amazon out the window and go to someone who specializes in lighting. I use to use headlightrevolution.com go there and email them and ask them which of their LED bulbs will fit in the high beams of your projector housings. They have a ton of knowledge of rams.

Second option is retroshop.us and ask him.

Remember cheaper isn’t better. You have to pay a little bit of money for quality lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jstmahoney

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
Throw anything to do with amazon out the window and go to someone who specializes in lighting. I use to use headlightrevolution.com go there and email them and ask them which of their LED bulbs will fit in the high beams of your projector housings. They have a ton of knowledge of rams.

Second option is retroshop.us and ask him.

Remember cheaper isn’t better. You have to pay a little bit of money for quality lighting.

I went ahead and emailed them. I do not want to cheap out, but i don't wanna spend $1000 lol.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went ahead and emailed them. I do not want to cheap out, but i don't wanna spend $1000 lol.

You won’t pay anything terrible. This is probably what they’ll suggest but they may give you a few options. 993d19f2cfd33b9dd4b4d3ba9ded28ad.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517