Help with interior conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What's up guys. I'm looking to change my evic (speedometer), steering wheel, and shifter cap.

I have an '09 Ram BigHorn Crew Cab, and I'd like to upgrade to the newer style speedometers found in the newer RAMS along with the steering wheel. The steering wheel will most likely come from an aftermarket outfit that makes one off wheels with my core.

My issue is can't get the correct info on what I need or will have to get flashed in order to get the newer model evic to work with my '09. And the chrome cap that on the end of the shift handle needs to be replaced. But the dealer said it's sold as a complete assembly only... The $0.25 cent cap just pops off, I don't need the entire shifter assembly.... Just the cap!

Thanks

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's up guys. I'm looking to change my evic (speedometer), steering wheel, and shifter cap.

I have an '09 Ram BigHorn Crew Cab, and I'd like to upgrade to the newer style speedometers found in the newer RAMS along with the steering wheel. The steering wheel will most likely come from an aftermarket outfit that makes one off wheels with my core.

My issue is can't get the correct info on what I need or will have to get flashed in order to get the newer model evic to work with my '09. And the chrome cap that on the end of the shift handle needs to be replaced. But the dealer said it's sold as a complete assembly only... The $0.25 cent cap just pops off, I don't need the entire shifter assembly.... Just the cap!

Thanks
If you are referring to the 2013 and up speedometer it will not work in your truck. The 13 and up trucks work off a different CAN system. The speedometer will not communicate with your truck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Big Boi

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you are referring to the 2013 and up speedometer it will not work in your truck. The 13 and up trucks work off a different CAN system. The speedometer will not communicate with your truck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ok thanks. I was getting mixed Answers from owners and sellers