help with lifting higher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtasso

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360
i have a 7in suspension lift in my 99 ram 1500 extended cab short box. i want to go higher but my front drive shaft in pitched to high it seems what can i do to lessen the pitch to allow more suspension lift?

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You may can look into a transfer case indexing ring. One will normally lower the front drive shaft at the transfer case about 2". Not real sure if they are available for your transfer case though. Worth a shot. I'm sure there are other solutions out there this is just one I know of.

Knotts89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tom woods drive shafts builds a lot of custom drive shafts. I think he mostly does jeeps but he could probably help you out. Just get on his website and shoot him an email

heavymetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2, Cam, Headers
theres alot of options for you, you asked a loaded question though.
do you wheel this rig? or just a daily driver? and cost is always a factor.

a custom shaft may work like knotts recomended, however, our front shafts already have double cardan joint on the t-case side so i dont know how much better it could possibly get unless you got a double CV flangged style shaft.

body lift is a great, cheap, semi-easy option. specially if your happy with how your truck rides and handles now.

if you wheel this truck, one option might be to look for a HP dana 60. this route would be alot more work and money but its a worth while swap IMO

a clocked transfercase is another good option like badblackram06. you may also look into a devorced case. and again if you wheel the truck you could double up your cases and get a super low low gear and amazing driveline angles.

i'd hit up the forum build threads and see what other guys have done, thats why im on here now lol

heavymetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2, Cam, Headers
i also just noticed your 13?! lol what do you need such a big truck for, shouldnt you be riding bikes, chasing girls? or guys...not that theres anything wrong with that.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
A clocking ring for sure and most likely you will need to mod the trany crossmember for clearance. There are a lot of other parts needed to go over 7".