Hemi Significant oil leak, pooling in valley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrpineapple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Recently rebuilt engine (<1000 miles) and ever since then theres been a significant oil leak. I changed the valve cover gaskets again although it doesnt appear to be coming from them. Today I decided to wipe it all clean and run it while I lay underneath to watch for signs of oil. A couple minutes in (before the thermostat opened) I noticed a steady stream of oil coming down the passenger side all the way from atop the engine. I decided to take the intake off since that's where it appears to be coming from and noticed the valley to be filled with oil. It doesn't appear to be coming from the intake gaskets or the oil gasket on the intake, those are all new. I'm wondering if I'm missing something in the two threaded holes in the valley? See attached pictures, and any suggestions appreciated. Thank you!

Photo Album of Oil Leak

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
I would check the four plugs where the MDS solenoids would go. They should have O-rings, maybe they're cracked or missing? I'm not sure what those two holes are for, I don't remember anything going in them.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
How much oil is inside the intake manifold? Since you have the intake manifold off right now I'd check the MDS plugs and make sure they're still in good shape, but I'd also check the PCV as well, if it's blocked or stuck open then it'll be pulling in oil in high vacuum which can account for large amount of oil being pulled into the manifold.