Holy Bolt Batman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Hey Folks Got a slight problem. I found out why my abs and brake light has been on on the truck. Ok so long story short. While doing the ball joints I found the driver side ABS sensor was broken in the Hub. Ok so I went ahead and did the ball joints but in the process the hub bolts got messed up. Go figure stupid 12pt bolts. anyway I ordered 2 new hubs and 2 new ABS sensors for the front. Figured I might as well do them in a pair. Since I found a package deal that was cheaper than just the sensor. But the problem I am having now is that I want to replace the bolts too but can't find them anywhere!! I was on google for a while and can't find them. Found one source said the dealer. Checked on a price from the dealer and they want $20 a bolt! $20!!!!! for a freaking bolt. Sheesh. So does anyone know where I can get one cheaper than that?? I want all 6. Rebuilding the front end hopefully to make the truck handle better and stop the ABS from going crazy. Any help would be appreciated. If you have a parts truck and want to see me the 6 hub bolts I would be very greatful.

Thanks!

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Theres a lot of 98s around here for parts. Ill see if i can find one close to my place.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Dude that would be awesome!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do you by any chance have a pic where the bolts are located? Just so i know.

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
cant you take out the bolt and take it to somewhere like fastenel and have them get you some?

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
They wont make them. They are the 12pt on the back of the hub.

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
why cant you use hex head bolts with washers on them.

CumminsCrazed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins 24v
i had to replace 1 hub bolt and no where does make them, they are a DEALER ONLY bolt. fastenal will not have them nor will ARP. i cant remember what i paid for mine but id like to say it was around 3-5 bucks, but i got it at dealer cost as i worked for a large chain of dealerships that sold all of the big 3.

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
whats special about it besides it being a 12pt?

Have you check are new vendor factorymopar.com. I think he could probley help you.

Thanks everyone! Glad to be here! My name is John and I'll be representing FactoryMopar on RAMForum.com.

A little about FactoryMopar.com... We started our site back in January, 2011. We are affiliated with a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, RAM dealer in Long Island, NY. It is one of the largest wholesale parts businesses in the nation so we are able to stock a large volume of parts in our 32,000 square foot warehouse. Anything not in stock must be shipped to us (which takes anywhere from 1-5 days) and then forwarded on to customers.

We can offer you every OEM Mopar part or accessory for any Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, and RAM vehicle that your dealer offers. Our customers usually end up saving anywhere from 15%-35% by purchasing from us vs. paying list from their local dealer.

To save you all even more I have created a coupon on our site. It is good for 10% off any order over $100. ***We have been getting too many orders from non-RAMForum members using the code we generated specifically for members. Please PM us to get the coupon code before ordering!***

Please let us know if you have any questions about our company, need help placing an order, locating a part, or anything else. Thanks again for the warm welcome - we're glad to be here!

Last edited:

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
think i found a ram, he is converting the truck to a diesel so i bet he is replacing the front end. truck is clean so ill see if he is getting rid of the front end.

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Dude that would be awesome!

As far as a special bolt i don't know what's sooooo special. All I know is that they are an odd size and a 12pt. I figured they would be a dealer only thing. I had read somewhere during one of my searches they were torque to yield. But I doubt that. Anyway if you get those bolts let me know. I'll check with factory mopar and see what they say.