How do I wake dodge/ram up to fix it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take it to the diesel shop, get an estimate to actually diagnose and fix it, then go after FCA and/or the dealer for the $$$.

Once its fixed, sell or trade it in.

You have been treated horribly through all of this and its not like you were complaining about a dashboard rattle or a leaky third brake light. Exhaust leaks are serious business but they didnt seem to give a p00p.

Cant believe the GM is more worried about his honestly-deserved-1star instead of actually fixing your issue. Typical dealer BS in this day and age, Im afraid.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I would say its the dealerships suck more than Ram. I had a shift solenoid bad, went to 2 dealers that gave me run around and said check engine light needs to be lit up to do anything. Then when it was lit up, both dealers told me they had no openings so bring back next week for appt and by then light was off. I called Ram, they called one of the dealers, sounded like all was good to go. Then when Ram rep hung up phone after transferring me, service dept person said, light needs to be on again. So I decided to find a dealer a little farther away(I'm in WA, Tacoma area), went to Ram in Puyallup, they said light having to be on is bs, they can pull codes. 4 days later had new shift solenoid and broken exhaust manifold bolts replaced under warranty. This was a few weeks ago.

OP
OP

426yzf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
The amazing story continues! I couldn’t make this **** up if I tried!

Corporate ram dude is so out of line. He tried getting me to trade it in and just buy a new one!!! No way in hell im giving this company $1.00!

3-22-18 Today the check engine light came on.. my case manager doesn’t care. Keep driving it till your appointment next Wednesday...

Trade this damn truck out!! I’ve wasted 3 months fighting with this damn car company! It’s crazy to think about The amount of time I’ve wasted over this!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The amazing story continues! I couldn’t make this **** up if I tried!

Corporate ram dude is so out of line. He tried getting me to trade it in and just buy a new one!!! No way in hell im giving this company $1.00!

3-22-18 Today the check engine light came on.. my case manager doesn’t care. Keep driving it till your appointment next Wednesday...

Trade this damn truck out!! I’ve wasted 3 months fighting with this damn car company! It’s crazy to think about The amount of time I’ve wasted over this!

Have you filed any complaints with the NHTSA? I figure an exhaust leak/smell would get their attention pretty easily, especially in regards to a "clean" diesel engine.

VA10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe @ramcares could step in here. Sorry to hear about the frustrating customer service experience. When I had to use RAM,FCA,MOPAR corporate customer service it was phenomenally good...

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I dont get it. As soon as Ram offered you 50% off a 2018 and to trade yours in I would of immediately responded with. "im not trading it in, can you buy it back? Its clearly a lemon at this point. Buy my truck back and I will buy the 2018. Or I open a lemon case and get the state to force you to buy it back." thats it. In my state you get a lemon case processed after 3 attempts to fix the same issue on a new vehicle. It sounds like they are running you around now because you are being stubborn about keeping your truck after they gave you options. Should have negotiated something as soon as it was offered. If I am reading this correctly FCA gave you options but you turned them down.

some times it worse to leave things in their laps to figure out. I would call them back and ask if the offer still stands and negotiate options. You need to get out of that truck, if FCA is not going to help you than your ONLY other option is to contact your AG, and the BBB and file a lemon.

Last edited:

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Maybe @ramcares could step in here. Sorry to hear about the frustrating customer service experience. When I had to use RAM,FCA,MOPAR corporate customer service it was phenomenally good...

they did step in, it was on the first page. their lack of response now sounds like the case has gone over their head.

Something is not adding up here. I feel like this should have been dealt with by now FCA is not that bad to let some one drive a truck that has been identified to have the same issue more than 6 times with no resolution, theres more to this story..

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont get it. As soon as Ram offered you 50% off a 2018 and to trade yours in I would of immediately responded with. "im not trading it in, can you buy it back? Its clearly a lemon at this point. Buy my truck back and I will buy the 2018. Or I open a lemon case and get the state to force you to buy it back." thats it. In my state you get a lemon case processed after 3 attempts to fix the same issue on a new vehicle. It sounds like they are running you around now because you are being stubborn about keeping your truck after they gave you options. Should have negotiated something as soon as it was offered. If I am reading this correctly FCA gave you options but you turned them down.

some times it worse to leave things in their laps to figure out. I would call them back and ask if the offer still stands and negotiate options. You need to get out of that truck, if FCA is going to help you than your ONLY other option is to contact your AG, and the BBB.

Im pretty sure all of the options they gave him involved him paying something out of pocket. For an issue as serious as this, attempted to be fixed as many times as this, NOTHING should be coming out of his pocket. If they want to call OP stubborn because of that, FCA is completely in the wrong.

THEY should have offered a straight up trade for a replacement vehicle, after the first X amount of times of it being fixed-not-fixed.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Im pretty sure all of the options they gave him involved him paying something out of pocket. For an issue as serious as this, attempted to be fixed as many times as this, NOTHING should be coming out of his pocket. If they want to call OP stubborn because of that, FCA is completely in the wrong.

THEY should have offered a straight up trade for a replacement vehicle, after the first X amount of times of it being fixed-not-fixed.

they could of offered it is my point but it was never expressed that the conversation went further just that he "felt insulted". everything is negotiable and I dont see the extra effort on that front in what the OP wrote.

OP
OP

426yzf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Currently Waiting at dealership again to find out why the check engine light is on. I’ve taken more time off from work and drove a hour one way to have it looked at today.
Ram support is useless at this point. Their out is- you have a case manager I’m not going to step on his toes.
I think the case manager has a work window of about 45 seconds a day. Voicemail after voicemail. I’ll get a return call the next day.

Lemon law paperwork is in my hands and will be pushed forward when I get today’s shop write up.

OP
OP

426yzf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Gave the truck back to me with dash lights on cause they need to order more parts. Told me it was ok to drive. More egr stuff.
So I’ll have to waste more time away from work next week to take it back out there... F this!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gave the truck back to me with dash lights on cause they need to order more parts. Told me it was ok to drive. More egr stuff.
So I’ll have to waste more time away from work next week to take it back out there... F this!

Id be filing that lemon law paperwork immediately, regardless of what the dealer does/says.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This is insanity !! I can’t believe the crap you’re going through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

426yzf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Truck has been back to the dealership 2 more times, egr pressure something was changed, cruise control something was changed. Nothing to do with the exhaust coming into the cab. Attorney now has the case and details. Dealership I purchased it from replied to the BBB report in 4 words-
we tried our best.

I have a d max waiting for the day I’m given to green light to dump this pos. 4100 miles now.

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
Any updates?

2017 RAM 1500 Laramie 4X4 Crew
from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck has been back to the dealership 2 more times, egr pressure something was changed, cruise control something was changed. Nothing to do with the exhaust coming into the cab. Attorney now has the case and details. Dealership I purchased it from replied to the BBB report in 4 words-
we tried our best.

I have a d max waiting for the day I’m given to green light to dump this pos. 4100 miles now.
I would also like to know an update. Hope they fixed this for you!