How much has the 4th Gen changed through the past 10 years?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I know the RAM has evolved from the first 4th Gen 2009 model to today's new 2020 Classic, but what are the most significant changes in the past decade? Is today's 2020 Classic better all around?

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The electric power steering came in 2013 I think along with revised traction control. The electric power steering also brought with it a third available skidplate. Front upper control arms changed in 2011(?) .

jRuN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great question.. I was also wondering about this.

I saw someone post a comment on a YouTube video that they have also changed some of the engine internals to strengthen the rollers to help eliminate the "tick" issue.. but I haven't been able to confirm that..

I have been trying to find a list of any changes made by model year.. would love if someone had that info.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
With all the problems I've read about electronic steering & 8-speed trans I'm glad I have a 2010.
It has every option except adjustable pedals, and I'm not chasing electrical gremlins every other week and can even back up with the door open!