How to Add Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) to a Manual Temperature Control Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I received two as well the first one set at dual zone with both slides and rear controls. Picture attached. The second change to single zone something but nothing works on mine using the second genie. If you have AC that works I would suggest not using until they figure it out. I am still waiting for an answer. Anyone from infotainment listening?

@infotainment.com

d39542ea14de97b93f74191094a48a7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did this stay even after a few key cycles

castires

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not certain that is true. They could create a Genie that returns it to default settings. If I bail--and I'm getting close--that is what I'll request, along with a refund.

They sent me a "fix" genie and it didn't do anything. My truck is currently there getting worked on. They are going to be trying to get the ATC figured out on it.

The guys there have been really understanding of my frustration and are trying their best to get a solution.

I'll update once I hear back from them tomorrow.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Did this stay even after a few key cycles

It's still on a day later. More than 5 cycles and a couple of suggested hard resets.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Castires Thanks for letting us play with your truck today. I am really close to getting this genie working for everyone.

Good to hear, make sure to keep everyone updated!!!

Rut Row

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
I think I figured it out today. We got a RAM in here to play with. I have everything working but this truck doesn’t have the Auto Temp Sensor. So AUTO doesn’t work but all the hard buttons and on the screen buttons work. Gonna get another truck in here in the morning with Auto Temp Sensor and then use this genie to flash it and hopefully we will be fully good on the ATC genie tomorrow. Thanks for your patients guys.

excellent news. Obviously we want you to succeed!

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On a side note, how does all this work with an aftermarket radio? I know I would need an idata maestro thing-a-ma-jig. All else the same process?

obdgenie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I got it working

Ok I got it working now just need to do an factory reset next week and do it again. Also maybe get another truck in here install Auto Temp Sensor to someone that upgraded to factory bezel and the 8.4" Screen. Make sure this works and then I will be ready to send these out to all of you being patient with me. Have great weekend! And 4th of July.

Attachments

• ATC Genie Working.jpg
    ATC Genie Working.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 44

Rut Row

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Ok I got it working now just need to do an factory reset next week and do it again. Also maybe get another truck in here install Auto Temp Sensor to someone that upgraded to factory bezel and the 8.4" Screen. Make sure this works and then I will be ready to send these out to all of you being patient with me. Have great weekend! And 4th of July.

sweet! :happy107:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed that the rear window/mirror defrost soft key (upper right side of screen) is not present in the picture. I have the rear window/mirror defrost soft key in my screen after installing the ATC code with my tool (top picture). Does the mirror defrost work? I am thinking maybe it will come back after you do a reset?

Attachments

• 89467d1498853843t-how_add_automatic_temperature_control_atc_manual_temperature_control_truck-atc.jpg
    89467d1498853843t-how_add_automatic_temperature_control_atc_manual_temperature_control_truck-atc.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 20170318_175530.jpg
    20170318_175530.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Rut Row

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel

how about a progress report?

castires

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
how about a progress report?

I know they were supposed to order me the sensor and it's supposed to come in this week. As soon as it does I'm going to bring the truck by so they can install it and see if they have figured out what they needed to with the genie.

I'm not sure if they're off for the holiday or not because I text Doug on Monday and haven't heard anything from him regarding another matter.

Rut Row

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Pretty sure they had a long weekend and just getting back today... I've been trying to wait patiently for this myself.

as my old section chief would say when I asked for leave, "Disapproved! Resubmit in 30-days for further disapproval."

obdgenie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
We got it

Ok today we rented a truck installed 8" screen with harnesses, modules, and Auto Temp Sensor and did the genies and we got it working. Releasing a video here shortly!!!!!:happy107:

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok today we rented a truck installed 8" screen with harnesses, modules, and Auto Temp Sensor and did the genies and we got it working. Releasing a video here shortly!!!!!:happy107:

Now thats funny. The rented a truck to spend a few hours working on it, to put it back. Thats how you test something right there if you dont have a donor near by.

Rut Row

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel

killingme.gif

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Now thats funny. The rented a truck to spend a few hours working on it, to put it back. Thats how you test something right there if you dont have a donor near by.

You laugh...it happens more than you think. I know the big three buy(or lease) every other manufacturer's cars and tear them apart and test them. They get put back together and sold. You may think those low mileage cars on the used car lot were owned by a little old ladies...think again.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca